Thread: How to Boot into Windows 8 Safe Mode

How to Boot into Windows 8 Safe Mode

I have been running windows 8 from 2 months in my laptop and I never had any issue with it. However, I am running in to a serious issue and some of my friends have suggested that it could be fixed by booting in to safe mode. I have tried pressing F8 but I am not able to boot in to safe mode. Is there any other alternate method of doing that??? If yes, then please let me know.

Re: How to Boot into Windows 8 Safe Mode

Yes it’s quite difficult to boot in to Windows 8 Safe Mode by mashing F8 key, as Windows 8 startup process is too fast. Anyways you can hold down Shift and start pressing F8 at the same time. You will have to do it very fast, just give it a try and let me know if you are able to get in to Windows 8 Safe Mode with Shift + F8.
    By the way what issue you are facing?? You can let me know if you need any help.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I tried F8 as well as Shift + F8 but it just can’t get them working. I have tried booting in to Windows 8 Safe Mode more than 20 times but no avail. Why the hell they have made Windows 8 startup process too fast.

There is another way of booting in to Windows 8 Safe Mode. You can follow below steps for the same.
    Restart your system and press Windows + I
    Once Settings panel comes up click on “Change PC Settings”
    In the left pane, select “General” and in the right pane select “Advanced Startup” option and click on “Restart Now”
    Once Windows restarts, your system will boot into the “Advanced Startup” menu, so just click on “Troubleshoot” and select “Advanced Options.”
    Now select “Windows Startup Settings” and click on “Restart” button. This time when your system will restart, you will be presented with traditional menu listing Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
    I need a better sig...PM me.

You can try out this method as well:
    Press Win+R key
    Type “msconfig” without quotes and hit enter
    Click on boot tab and click on Safe Boot check box and choose the type of Safe Mode you want form Minimal, Alternate Shell and Network.
    When you see “System configuration window” then click on “Restart”
    Upon restart your PC should boot in to Safe Mode automatically.

Note - After the above changes your PC will restart in Safe Mode automatically every time. So to avoid that you will have to go to boot tab, uncheck Safe Boot option, click on “Apply”, click on “OK” and restart your system.

Actually my problem is that my brother laptop is locked with the “windows live account”. He had not created any local account, he is out of town and it’s not possible to contact him. On the other hand there are some files that I had saved in the laptop some weeks ago and I need them urgently. Some of my friends say that I can reset the password by booting in to safe mode. I was trying to boot by pressing F8 but as it was not working I opened a new topic here to know if there is any alternate trick of doing that. It seems as if the alternate solutions will work only after logging in.

So now I want to know if there is any other way of booting in to Windows 8 Safe Mode without logging in.

Rather than continuing your actual issue in this topic, I will suggest you to start a new topic with “How to reset windows 8 password” or similar. A new topic with your actual problem will raise the chances of getting quick and efficient solutions.