Thread: Stuck at "Please Wait" screen after installing windows 8 updates

Stuck at "Please Wait" screen after installing windows 8 updates

I installed some recommended windows 8 updates few hours ago, there were about 10 updates. I installed all the updates and my system restarted after that. However, upon restarting it got stuck at "Please Wait" screen. I am not able to get past that, I have tried restarting my system quite a few times but I am just not able to get rid of the "Please Wait" screen. I am not sure but it seems as if the recent updates have messed up something. I am running windows 8 form 3 months and I never had any issue in installing updates or after that. Don’t know what went wrong with my system this time. Has anyone else faced the same issue or has any idea about this case???

Re: Stuck at "Please Wait" screen after installing windows 8 updates

I have came across "Please Wait" screen after installing windows 8 updates in my case but it never got stuck at that. How long you have waited after starting your system?? Sometimes it might take up to half an hour to boot in to windows after installing updates depending upon the PC’s requirement.

he said he can not get past the please wait

btw does it display a progress bar

if not someone should mention that to microsoft

cause it in win 7

I am aware that it might take some time but in my case I have waited for more than an hour. There is surely something wrong going on in my system. It doesn’t tell me how much time it will take to complete the update tasks. I remember it used to show the time as well previously, I don’t see it this time. As I have mentioned already that I have tried restarting the system quite a few times but I don’t see any improvement. Is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of the "Please Wait" screen??? I have asked about this to some of my friend as they are telling me to reinstall windows. I don’t have a problem with that but I will like to know if there is any alternate solution. I have kept reinstallation as my last option.

Before reinstalling windows you can try to boot in to Bios and load default settings. If that doesn’t help then you can go ahead with re-installation of windows. I have cross checked about your issue but I don’t see any one facing similar issue. So in that case reinstalling windows will be a better option as you won’t be able to perform system restore and pick up last known configuration settings.

I tried doing what you have mentioned above but unfortunately even that did not helped. I guess it’s because my case is different than yours. I mean your system was getting stuck at "Please Wait" screen after installing windows 8 where as its doing the same thing after installing updates. Anyways, I don’t have the patience to try out any other solutions further. I will reinstall windows and will let you know if that works.