Thread: Apps won’t start in windows 8 UI screen

Apps won’t start in windows 8 UI screen

I have upgraded to windows 8 today and I don’t know why any app’s are not starting in windows 8 UI screen. I don’t get any error message as such but it’s just that the apps comes up as if they are loading and i am pushed back to the start screen after some seconds. Any ideas what might be wrong on my case??? I dint had any issue while installing windows 8. What should I do now? Is there anything I can try out rather than reinstalling windows 8??? Help on this matter will be appreciated.

Re: Apps won’t start in windows 8 UI screen

First check out the below things:
    • Screen resolution is below 1024 x 768
    • System hardware drivers are updated which includes video card, sound card, chipset etc
    • UAC is disabled
    • You are logged in as Administrator.

All of the above conditions are true in my case. There is something else that is stopping the applications to start on the windows 8 UI screen. I also wanted to add that there is no issue with the internet connection as I can access the internet via Desktop. I have tried rebooting my system quite a few times thinking that it might make difference but it didn’t. Do I have to change any settings to get the apps working????

No you don’t have to change any settings. I want to know if you had any antivirus installed in your system before upgrading to windows 8??? If yes then update them to their latest version and cross check if things turn normal for you.
    In case upgrading the antivirus doesn’t makes any difference then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling your antivirus program. Just make sure that you are installing their latest version. I have come across some people who were running in to similar issue after upgrading to windows 8 because of their older version of antivirus.

Yes I had avast installed before upgrading to windows 8. I had disabled it while installing windows 8 as well. However, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest avast! free version but no luck. Apps still won’t start in windows 8 UI screen. Should I uninstall avast completely??? Will that help??? I am just running out of ideas now. I don’t think I am missing out anything as I have installed windows 8 in one of my office PC, everything is working fine there. It seems as if there is something wrong in my system.

Your issue is surely because of some kind of interference. I think uninstalling avast will be a better idea. If problem persist then you can try running Apps troubleshooter.
    If at all you don’t get any help form all of the above steps then you should reinstall windows 8. If possible make clean installation of it.