Thread: Touch/Type Cover trackpad settings for Surface with Windows RT

Touch/Type Cover trackpad settings for Surface with Windows RT

How can I set Touch/Type Cover trackpad settings for Surface with Windows RT?? I have bought surface tablet running Windows RT and I don’t know how to set trackpad settings. I am not able to find out the path for configuring trackpad. So is there anyone here who can help me out???

Re: Touch/Type Cover trackpad settings for Surface with Windows RT

Hey there’s a Trackpad Settings app for the same. You can get it from windows store. It’s available for free and you can configure your trackpad to work on Touch Cover and Type Cover.

I have downloaded and installed Trackpad Settings app but for some unknown reason it’s not detecting my keyboard. What should I do now?? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Trackpad Settings app many times but I don’t see any Improvement. Isn’t there any other app like “Trackpad Settings” that I can use it with my surface???
    Windows store says Trackpad Settings app is compatible with windows 8 and windows RT. If that’s true then why is it not working in my case?? Has anyone else faced the same issue with Trackpad Settings app or there’s something wrong in my case ? Any further help regarding this will be appreciated.

Some people have complained about the same thing with Trackpad Settings app. However, you can try out below steps for fixing the issue. Most of the people were able to fix it with below workaround. So it should help you as well.
    • First type “Update” in search section of the start screen
    • Click on settings > Check for updates, if it comes up with any latest update then install it
    • If that doesn’t make any difference, then you can try refreshing your Device. For that click on Settings > Devices and Printers and click on Refresh. You can refresh it a couple of times and run the app again.