Thread: startup repair is taking time in windows 7

startup repair is taking time in windows 7

startup repair is taking more time in windows 7.
    how to resolve this problem?

Re: startup repair is taking time in windows 7

Could you please tell us what is your computer specifications? You can try to press F8 at boot and use the last known good configuration option and see if that works or not. By saying that startup repair is taking long time in windows 7, then how much time is it taking? Why did you choose to perform the startup repair by the way?

i have the same problem with my acer aspire one netbook. also i am having a reboot problem it randomly restarts any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by snacdaws View Post
    i have the same problem with my acer aspire one netbook. also i am having a reboot problem it randomly restarts any help would be greatly appreciated
    What is the model number of the Acer Laptop that you have? Which operating system have you installed on it? Do you get any error message after the laptop restarts at any time? You will need to specify more information about the problem that you are facing, how did it start and all. It could be an issue with virus or some other software problem, so you can first try to scan your laptop with some antivirus software and then see if that works.

error message :NO, when finished reboot it just says "windows has recovered from an unkown problem"

when i get the startup repair screen i did not tell it to do so but sometimes i get both at the same time.

i have and DO REPEDEDLY scanned the netbook with both anti-malware and anti-virus and it came up clean.

OH....and also usually before it randomly restarts the pc freezes but not always and sometimes it freezes but refreshes and has no problem

and i just got it for christmas so it hasn't really had the chance to be affected by malware.

Quote Originally Posted by snacdaws View Post
    and i just got it for christmas so it hasn't really had the chance to be affected by malware.
    Well, if you have just got the laptop recently, then you can try to send it back to the manufacturer from whom you took the laptop and ask for replacement, since it is under warranty.

it rarely restarts when using an external monitor

but i had never thought about sending it in for repairs but i am afraid that my files may be affected

also it is a acer aspire one

i do not have it with me so i don't have specific details

As per the error that you have written, there could be many things related to the problem. Was the acer, from the start itself was having the problem of restarting? If not then you could try a system restore back to a specific date and see if that works out for you or not.