Thread: Windows 8 comes up with black screen upon restart

Windows 8 comes up with black screen upon restart

I have installed windows 8 and it is working fine, however when I restart my system than it comes up with black screen. I don’t get the black screen when I start my system normally. I don’t know what’s’ wrong with it, is there anyone else who has faced same issue or has any idea about it?? I am not sure if this issue was there since the day I installed windows 7 but I have noticed it today and I can reproduce it easily.

Re: Windows 8 comes up with black screen upon restart

That’s weird, anyways I want to know if you have installed any third party application recently??? Have you tried updating your graphic card driver and installing recommended updates since installing windows 8??? I also want to know if you have made clean installation of windows 8 or you have updated it over current windows 7. Let me know about the things I’ve asked for so that I can have better idea of the problem you are facing.

Yes I have installed some application and games after installing windows 8 but I don’t think those things might be causing any issue. I have updated all hard ware drivers and have installed all recommended updates as well. In my case I have updated to windows 8 from windows 7, I did not had an issue while installing it, I haven’t tried any kind of overclocking so far, any idea what else can cause this issue???

Did you found a fix for this issue?? I have been facing same issue on my laptop from last 3 days and I haven’t found a fix for it yet. As far as I can guess it started in my case after installing some windows update. I had performed system restore to get rid of those updates but no avail. I still get the black screen every time when I restart my laptop and some time when I start it normally. I want to know if simply reinstalling windows 8 might help?? I just can’t think of any other solution than that, If there is any than please let me know, it will be highly appreciated.

Which laptop you are having? Does it have Intel HD graphics?? If yes than I will like to inform you that it’s a graphic card driver problem. There are many people who have reported this issue and some of them were able to fix it by below workaround.

• Boot in to safe mode and download latest Intel HD graphics driver from intel site
    • If problem continues than download latest Intel HD graphics driver from your laptops manufacturer’s website

Just let me know if you any of the above workaround helps you out, best of luck.
    Bethany

Guys there was something wrong with recent windows 8 update, including me there were several people who were running in to this black screen issue. In order to fix first it try performing system restore so as to get rid of those updates. In case you haven’t created a restore point yet than you will have to reinstall windows 8.
    As BethanyI has mentioned people having Intel HD graphics laptop should update their graphic card driver to latest available for fixing this issue in their case. If anyone else continues to face this black screen issue after trying out the workarounds I have suggested above than they can revert back to me for further help.