Thread: Can I run Windows 8 on HP Mini Note 2133?

Can I run Windows 8 on HP Mini Note 2133?

I have a HP Mini Note 2133 with me which I had purchased somewhere in year 2008. It was new then and one of the best laptop available then. It is not powerful as compared to the latest laptops but runs Windows 7 properly. Now I want to install Windows 8 in it and I don’t know if my HP Mini Note 2133 can run it properly. Can someone tell me about it if they have done it?

Re: Can I run Windows 8 on HP Mini Note 2133?

HP Mini Note 2133 is a good laptop and it came when Windows XP was running. This laptop is capable of running Windows Vista in it and also Windows 7. The requirements of Windows 7 are almost similar to Windows XP. Though the requirements of Windows Vista are totally different than Windows XP and Windows 7, it worked properly n this laptop. Now that Windows 8 has been released, the requirements of this operating system are again completely different. I think HP Mini Note 2133 might run Windows 8, but will give you optimized performance. For example, some features might underperform and so on.

I tried running Windows 8 on HP Mini Note 2133 and the results were not good. Windows 8 installed properly without any problems and also started properly in this laptop. The problems began after I started using it. When I right clicked on the desktop and the menu popped up, the items in the list were not in proper position. Some went on the left and some went on right. I don’t know what caused this, but also the spacing of the icons on the taskbar was improper. HP Mini Note 2133 can run Windows 8, but not properly. I don’t know what the problem was, but it really looked bad.

Hi CGale,

I think that it must be the graphics driver in HP Mini Note 2133 that must have caused this problem when Windows 8 was installed. The integrated graphic processor that is used in this laptop must not be compatible fully with Windows 8. I mean, if you are getting the list of items wrongly and other features too, it must be the graphic drivers that are disturbing it. Windows 8 runs best on the PCs with external graphic cards. I think you should remove Windows 8 from your HP Mini Note 2133.

I don’t think that HP Mini Note 2133 is built to support Windows 8. I mean the screen size was different back in 2008. It still exists, but some difference must have occurred. During development of Windows 8, this must have not been taken care of and thus you are seeing this mismatched lists and items on your screen. I think you should either wait for HP to release proper graphic drivers for this notebook that will support Windows 8 without any problem. Till then you can downgrade the operating system to Windows 7 or maybe use other operating system.

Windows 8 has an Aero Lite theme in it which is enabled when it detects a low end system. I think that Windows 8 while installation should have detected your system as low end and enable the Aero Lite theme. This theme is good and simple and will not take many resources on your HP Mini Note 2133. But the looks and the features related to the graphics in the system will be optimized and you will not get the fancy features like translucency, blur, shine and so on. But yes, you will get to use Windows 8 on your HP Mini Note 2133 without any problems that you are noticing as of now.

The Aero Lite theme should have been activated by the operating system itself, but as it is not activated while installation, you won’t get to activate it manually. But don’t worry, you can yourself enable it on your system, the files are kept in open and you can activate it easily. Just follow the guide available on this link and you can get Windows 8 to run on your HP Mini Note 2133 easily. I hope you get to enjoy Windows 8 on your laptop.