Thread: Windows 8 message "There are files on your PC preventing activation"

Windows 8 message "There are files on your PC preventing activation"

I am trying to install Windows 8 KMS on my office PC which acts as server. The PC on which I want to install Windows 8 is a machine with 64-bit architecture. I am trying from a long time without any success. Every time I try to activate it, I get an error saying activation failed and so on. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Re: Windows 8 message "There are files on your PC preventing activation"

This type of problem occur where installer sends messages like "There are files on your PC preventing activation” in Windows operating system when it is purchased or brought from non-trusted or non-certified sources. The activation key which you are using must be either invalid or must have been used by someone else already. If it has been used by someone else, then it must have been registered on the servers of Microsoft. You need to buy Windows 8 from trusted source to get the things right.

Re: Windows 8 message "There are files on your PC preventing activation"

Actually Windows 8 KMS version is not yet launched by Windows. The version that you must have must be some leaked version. You will need to wait before Microsoft officially launches Windows 8 KMS. Actually, when this version launches, you will have to log in into KMS host and use the volume licensing product key. All you can do now is to wait for Windows 8 KMS version to launch.

Also let me tell you that Windows 8 version is a trial version. So it will just give you some basic features and no full control. Also it will remain active for only 180 days before it will expire.