Thread: How to increase unlimited time access in Windows 8 Enterprise by registry tweak?

How to increase unlimited time access in Windows 8 Enterprise by registry tweak?

I have brought Windows 8 Enterprise to try it out in my computer so that I can decide if I want to buy it or not when it releases officially. The problem is that though it doesn’t ask for product key while installation, it doesn’t stay active on PC for a long time. It has an expiry period after which it will not be usable. Can anyone tell me if there is any trick by which we can extend the period of Windows 8 Enterprise?

Re: How to increase unlimited time access in Windows 8 Enterprise by registry tweak?

I don’t think that there is any way of using Windows 8 Enterprise version for period longer than it is designed to. Also I don’t think that Microsoft will allow one to have Windows 8 Enterprise active for long time. I mean it is connected to internet all the time, Microsoft can easily detect that you have extended the life time of Windows 8 Enterprise. I don’t know if there is any third party patch for it, but I don’t think that it will be any useful. Windows 8 Enterprise doesn’t have full features and functionality. So even extending its period won’t help you much.

Re: How to increase unlimited time access in Windows 8 Enterprise by registry tweak?

There is a simple trick to extend the life of the Windows 8 Enterprise version. You have to just delete a key from registry to extend the active period of Windows 8 Enterprise. Following is the key that you need to delete,
    • HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Plugi ns\Objects

Microsoft won’t detect anything and you can use Windows 8 Enterprise for unlimited time. But anyways you are not getting any major feature or full functionality in this version.

If you don’t have much knowledge about registry and how to edit it, please don’t do it. It can damage Windows 8 Enterprise to ender it useless.