Thread: Windows 8 RTM builds glitches

Windows 8 RTM builds glitches

Windows 8 RTM does not looks like a completely stable version. I had faced a number of issue on the same. It might be due to my system hardware, but Windows 7 use to work great on it. I had started with Windows 8 Consumer Preview. It worked fine but there were certain theming bugs, slow issues and laggy screen. After upgrading that to Windows 8 RTM things went on like before. The screen is laggy and there are number of things that appear automatically after deleting. The lock screen takes quiet a long time to display the home screen back.

Re: Windows 8 RTM builds glitches

Windows 8 requires a bit better hardware compared to Windows 7. As it has a quiet nice interface it takes time to load up and if you are poor on system resources then you might not get better display.

I did not liked Windows 8 much. I had used the Consumer Preview for some weeks, but was a bit agitated after using it. The desktop they designed by tiles stuff where you can see all your icons takes a quiet long time to load application. The same things happens to games. It is a quiet resource intensive operating system. To make it more comfortable and easy to use do not overload your OS with number of applications. If you visit number of forums you can find many bugs reported for Windows 8. There is no quiet easy fixes that are available. In Windows 7 fixes are much more easier. I hope Microsoft can provide some this kind of thing in Windows 8. The most important thing that is needed to be fix is the boot time.

It is very slow and takes long time to reach the desktop. Also the same issue lies with the lock screen. The metro ui is fine, but a bit complicated to understand. I had referred to a number of guide for finding the right option to disable a number of things, but that does not worked much. I think disabling that will make your system to work in more better way. It will boot up fast and offer you nice performance. I am also trying a way to find out option for stopping startup things. At ample of places I had only seen one thing that they tell mostly to remove applications if they give you issues like this. Performance point of view Windows 8 is a bit more complicated thing to fix up.

Happy to work on Windows 7. I got a nice offer for upgrade but I ignored the same. I was not aware about the glitches in it. Hope to get a much stable and better version in coming editions.

Did you guys faced black screen issue on Windows 8. I got that most of the time. The system freezes on boot or while resuming from sleep there is a black screen for some few minutes. The common issue with Windows 8 is poor performance. This had made this OS a bit dull compared to others. Now there are very less alternative that we can go for. I hope Microsoft will not discontinue Windows 7 so instantly. Windows 7 is quiet a great operating system after Windows XP. I had found it very helpful in many ways and will still continue with it. Windows 8 needs a bit more finishing where number of things much be fixed up.

I am sure Microsoft will be working on the same. First thing that I want in this is option to disable Metro UI and get the classic desktop. Sometime Metro UI takes a bit longer time to load up. It is light but still I am not able to understand the issue behind that. One more thing that we need is a nice task manager. It should show up more detailed system usage and allows use to terminate some crucial system apps also. That can help us to get a cleaner working interface in many ways. I had seen a number of article that clearly says that Windows 8 faces major compatibility issue with some printers and wifi devices.

Windows 8 is quiet buggy. It is a bit irritating to find that. I still remember using Windows 7 beta which was smooth and was widely accepted. For learning Windows 8 you need a bit patience to find the new features in easier way.

Windows 8 has number of bugs related to many application it has. The bug is just not associated with the interface and performance. I will recommend to remove apps like Calender, Email, Messages, etc. If you are using them your system will be much more slower. There are many lighter alternative that you can go for. I am actually worried about the applications which are used on Windows 8. I hope to find better one that works nicely without making any major crash errors. I have a old accounting software that I use on Windows 7 by enabling XP compatibility mode.

The same fails to work on Windows 8. I do not know the reason, but I cannot locate the settings for enabling the compatibility mode. I want some help to find that. My system also has Windows 7 installed. Once this operating system will commonly appear, it will became more and more buggy. I hope to get better updates for that so that the can be fixed instantly. There is no way to make a list of each glitches found. But one thing is sure that Windows 8 is going to give really very hard time to its users. Browser crashing, black screen, etc are common bugs which might be fixed.

There are updates available for that. Keep your Windows update on and if you are getting any of those error you can simply run the update to make it stable. I think this is going to work well.

Windows update is the only thing that can help those who are using Windows 8. Bugs are quiet common for the new operating system but what many wants is that they are fixed and they receive a much more stable operating system. Windows is widely used operating system. At many places I had seen people does not look much happy with the interface.

But still there are chances that you can get a effective features in this. Microsoft tries to addup many news things in that making it a better OS for number of different platform. But it looks it has take a steps too early.

The things that I am facing is closing app does not work well in it. The Metro UI takes time to load and is laggy if there are many new apps loaded. Some of the new features are simply out of my mind which I can't explain. In short it is not user friendly.