Thread: Netflix not working since upgraded to Mountain Lion

Netflix not working since upgraded to Mountain Lion

I have upgraded to Mountain Lion and since then I don’t know what’s going wrong with Netflix, whenever I am opening and trying to play any movies in Netflix then it gets locked at 5 percent while rendering. I don’t know what went wrong with it, I have tried downloading latest version of flash player thinking that there might be something wrong with it but that’s not making any difference in my case. I wanted to know if there is anything else that I can try out for fixing this issue??

Re: Netflix not working since upgraded to Mountain Lion

In that case I will like to inform you that Netflix doesn't use Flash and it uses Silverlight. That’s where you are going wrong, so just install latest version of Silverlight and see if your issue gets solved. If at all you face any problem further then you can feel free to ask.

So now I have installed latest version of Silverlight but that’s not making any difference. I have tried using chrome browser as well but I am getting same response from it. Netflix videos are getting sucked showing rendering and video doesn’t gets played. Is there anything that I need to check out? I am running out of ideas now and want to fix it somehow, so any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I will suggest you to try out below things and see if you are getting any luck.
    1. Go in to Finder>Mac name>MacHD>Internet plug-ins> silverlight and delete it from there.
    2. After that go in to safari>load netflix>load your media> and download the plugin again
    3. If your issue gets solved then well and good if not then try clearing all web data from your safari browser. For clearing all web data go in to safari>preferences>privacy> and remove web data from there.

You can very well try out the above solution, I just wanted to share that I am going through same rendering issue and have tried installing and running Silverlight 5.1 couple of times. I think there is something wrong with safari as I have tried using Firefox and Chrome and I am not having any issue there. It is just with safari, by now I have tried number of solutions including the one that has been mentioned above but I dint had any luck. While checking out regarding this issue I have come across number of people having different issue with safari. I think we will need an update from safari for fixing these issues.

I am not sure if there is something wrong with safari or not, actually I am using safari + Silverlight 5.1 and trust me I am not having any issue as such. Netflix is streaming better in Mountain Lion as compared to osx lion. I have tried using other browser like Firefox and Chrome, Netflix is streaming streaming fine with them as well. Have you both tried out uninstalling and reinstalling safari? If not then give that a try and install Silverlight 5.1 after making clean installation of safari, best of luck.