Thread: Is AirPlay to AirPort Express supported in Mountain Lion 10.8?

Is AirPlay to AirPort Express supported in Mountain Lion 10.8?

I have a Mac Book Pro and it has Mountain Lion 10.8 installed in it. I also have an Apple TV 2 at my home which has AirPlay in it. I wanted to stream videos from my Mac Book Pro to Apple TV 2, but I was unsure about it. I had seen my friend streaming music, but never seen a video streaming. Can someone tell me if it is possible as I have AirPort Express in my Mac Book Pro?

Re: Is AirPlay to AirPort Express supported in Mountain Lion 10.8?

If you go in the settings of the AirPort Express, then in the sound section you will find options to redirect the output to various devices and also the location of it will be available. For example, you can name the Apple TV in kitchen as ‘kitchen’ and Living Room as ‘Hall’ and many more.

Once done, you just have to select the device and make other settings according to you. Once done, close the window and start streaming the video. It actually works fine without any problem.

Re: Is AirPlay to AirPort Express supported in Mountain Lion 10.8?

Depending upon the distance between the devices, you might notice few stuttering and maybe some lags in the video. But if the distance is close or maybe some 10 to 15 feet then the video will work properly. But if the distance is low and there is interference of many other electronics, then you will experience problems like stuttering and lagging of video. I don’t know why you are unable to stream the video from your Mac Book Pro. You can send your doubt to the Apple, maybe they will sort put the problem and provide you help.