Thread: What support does Ubuntu Web App provides

What support does Ubuntu Web App provides

How does Ubuntu web apps work. I heard that there is some kind of new integration done to ubuntu desktop by which we can access to number of web services. Is this a kind of application or software. It looks a new kind of widget tool that we can use to check those all social networking status.

Re: What support does Ubuntu Web App provides

It is a bit different. It provides you to access many web services directly from your desktop. Ample of time access internet based stuff we need to use a web browser. But with this new addition you can do that through a portable desktop widget. It has many different kinds of widget that you can go for.

It is a simple web app support provide on your desktop. There is a search box where you need to type the name of service. Like facebook, you can can see the icon of the same. Click on it and then you can visit the website. The app offers you to run easy web service without opening your web browser. The app is provided to give you a online media player to run radio, mp3 files, etc. This enhancement will make your desktop more featured and simple to use. Through this you can access gmail or facebook quiet easily.

I had not yet found any other app for this. The demo video that I saw showed me to access gmail and last.fm. Also there is no marketplace that we can found to download more apps. The app is very light and does not make your system slow. You can access your favorite web page just by typing its name in the web app. It opens up inside a web browser only. There are not third party app that supports web surfing through it. It is not complicated to use. You can simply check the same out and find more options on web.

This is some type of accessibility thing. It reduces your time of opening a web page through browser. You just need to type the same in the web app and done.

Nice app for Ubuntu. Making your work easier. The desktop looks just some kind of quick launch stuff. The app is a kind of web based tool in which you can sync your favorite websites and social networking accounts. So that the next time when you visit them you just need to click on the site and it will open up. You do not need to login for the same. It is a simple shortcut interface giving you quick access to your site.

The app does not look much complicated. There are certain internal tools that comes integrated. There are no major support available for this. It mostly work on internet services and there are ample of limitations right now. In one word I can say that this is a simple launch pad. You just need to type the app name in the search box and done. All in all this is a nice try to make Ubuntu desktop more helpful.

I thought there would be ample of different type of apps for this. But no, there are no major listing available. It is a type of simple tool to manage your web shortcuts.

It is good for those who mostly work on web and visit ample of site. On the same hand they need to update their current status on popular social networking platform. The tool also provides you easy chat connectivity option from the desktop toolbar only. The app keeps working on the top side which gives you a quick button to display the search button. There are certain integrated api in the same which help you to get easy icons on the screen. Along with that there is a message indicator which help you to find any new message received by you.

If you are happy with your current desktop then you avoid using the same. I liked this added support. Because I had to bookmark a number of website and then I have to click and open it. The same works simply on typing the name in search box. To some extent this does not looks a much complicated. The installation can be done from Ubuntu software center.

I am not too excited about the same. Ubuntu Webapp is another addition to the desktop. There is nothing special here. The shortcuts which you access from start menu now appears from the tool bar.

To some extent it needful for many. I had tested this. For example you need to find your login details based on different site. In the search box you just need to enter the user id and it will show you the the list of sites below. The app is simple to install and easy to use. To add your social networking account you need to authorize the app first.

You can instantly update feeds or status based on your need. To get a better idea on the same watch the web app intro video on google. This will help you to understand how it works. It is not complicated and quiet simple to use. To download this app run the following command in terminal - sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webapps/preview.

Good initiative for Ubuntu. If you are use to the tool bar that are listed on the operating system, I think you would not like this much. It is a nice bookmarking type tool.