Thread: How to install Power8 Start Menu on Windows 8

How to install Power8 Start Menu on Windows 8

How to install this new start menu in Windows 8. I want to make some changes in the desktop interface. Yet I am quiet not use to the existing metro ui. So getting a start menu type application can make my work easier. The current one is bit boring and does not shows much option. I need help to get a better one and so found power8. I want to know how to install this and is it better to use or not.

Re: How to install Power8 Start Menu on Windows 8

Yes it is. This is designed for Windows 8 to give you a mixture of XP and 7 start menu. Along with the shortcut listing it also gives you the target location. This is quiet beneficial.

It is a very think application that you can download and run the setup file. There are no complication in installation.

You can download that from code.google.com. The download size is around 161kb. The best part of using this start menu is that the setup does not make any modification in the system files. That is the reason it is more easier to use. There are not patching or modifying in the dll files which will affect your existing system stability. So that makes this software far more compatible compare to others. One more thing there is on installer.

You just need to unzip the downloaded files and run it. So that makes the software more easier to use. The start menu software provides a better system performance. There are all software listed in the start menu. So there is no need to use the existing one. This startmenu is a kind of perfect replacement for your existing start menu.

It is a very light application on windows 8. I am also fed up with the current one. The app is just 150kb exe file which all listing on the screen. It works very smoothly.

On setup the app simply reside on the task bar like a regular start menu. When you click on the same you can see all your programs listed. There is a search box also provided there which can help you to locate and find any software very easily. You can set the start menu to autostart so that you do not need to run that manually again and again. Other than this there are certain features that you can block or access.

I am quiet fed with the current orb menu which looks very limited. And other than this the metro ui is not quiet nice. For those who are working on windows 8 and found the metro ui quiet complicated can go with this. I am not sure there is any other type of software available like this. The tool is very light.

I am using the same on Windows 7. There is a reason to use this. My current start menu lags a lot. I am working on quiet slow system. But I hope for Windows 8 users this will be of quiet benefit.

Power8 is one of the most compatible and lite app you will not found. It does not has anything special but the same traditional windows 7 startmenu appears on your system. Other options it provides you is run a app as admin which we can see on the right click. It is not complicated and setup is very easy. There are certain option through which you can lock and unlock some features which are needed. I like the application. If you do not need the same then you can also get rid of the same easily.

Windows 8 to some extent is complicated for new people. Especially for those who are not use to that metro ui. I was hoping that Microsoft will add a start menu button on the same so that you can access and run files directly from the desktop. But in the recent release all this were not at all found. Using windows 8 is not complicated but to some extent it became irritating.

From the customization point of view, this has became a bit complicated to use windows 8. While on Windows 7 this was far more easier. I had tested the Consumer Preview recently. Does not like much in it.

There will be more start menu applications in the coming future. There is similar which is called as Start8. This is a free application and easy to configure. It is not complicated to install and manage. It gives you list of all features that you need. There is a short search box where you can locate shorcut. The interface of this app is different. It looks that the app is missing start menu of windows 8. You mus test this once.

Power8 gives you a traditional start menu interface that you see mostly in windows 7. In start8 there is category wise sorting that you can try out to run your favorite application.

I think Microsoft will provide start menu on the basis of editions. Like there will be a edition that will come with startmenu while other will not. They might modify all the features and set them according to different editions.