Thread: What are the benefits of upgrading new Linux Kernel 3.5

What are the benefits of upgrading new Linux Kernel 3.5

Linux Vernal 3.5 is released. I want to know the enhancement done in the new kernel. I am on a linux system and willing to upgrade the kernel. But that must not be buggy, as my server works on this operating system. If there are no better enhancement then I would prefer to stick with the existing one only.

re: What are the benefits of upgrading new Linux Kernel 3.5

It is always recommended to upgrade the new version because there are many fixes that are not provided in the older one. For example the new kernel will enhance your system performance.

It will provide you a better network and plugplay management devices. There is a list of fixes on web that you can read to find all the changes applied.

I too agree with the same. The new version is quiet better and will make improve your system. The one thing that I notice in the new linux kernel that it provides you support for enhanced graphics. Along with that the monitor tools are improved so that you can keep an eye on your system or network activity. The new kernel has better graphic drivers which support new graphics hardware. There are people who are already struggling with installing gpus on their system. The new kernel will remove that issue.

You can hope for running new gpu drivers on your linux system. Along with gpu improvement the new kernel gives you power to use better audio and hdmi output. Hardware point of view your system will be more better. We usually ignore many things when we are on linux. But based on the need you might came to know after few while that a particular hardware is not working at all. To some extent I will recommend you to get the new kernel.

Linux is widely used on servers and to keep them more proper, you must upgrade it. It is necessary to run all the latest updates that you find.

Do not ignore the upgrades and updates. It does not matter if you are using linux or windows. Updates makes your system stable, while upgrades add more new possibilities. The new kernel has quiet major changes in the network setup. It has number of new enhancement which will make your network more better. Added mechanism helps the admin to manipulate the networks more easily based on different kind of filter settings.

There is good news for raid setup also. The new kernel supports a firewire which is beneficial for large file transfer. It is not easy to explain you everything in short. You have to locate the feature list on Google and read the same one by one. The new kernel is more powerful and better. I also found that the new driver which is integrated in the kernel allows you to play with load balancing stuff. You do not need to worry about the hardware setup.

There are enhancement to the multimedia features here. There are additional changes made to the network filter and other support. With hd sound support you can easily configure media center support on the same.

The new kernel helps you to improve the operating system. There are some changes which are important and necessary for everyone to upgrade. Those who work on bigger server might have faced issue of latency while data transfer. This has been fixed to some extent on ext4 file partition. The new kernel not verifies the data via integrated crc32 checksum module. Through this you can simply keep a track on your files corruption status.

The new kernel is enhanced and it is equipped with features that you cannot locate in the older one. Compared to performance, there are integrated enhancement that you can't ignore. Kernel improvements maker your operating system far more stable compared to any update you run. Because there are chances in future you might need to run some new type of hardware. Latest system are upgraded and comes with many new integrated hardware. The most common is hdmi and support for usb 3.0.

Tracking and tracing ability of Linux operating system is improved here. You can keep a eye on your network activity in a more better way.

I can here list you some of the best features of Linux Kernel upgrades. Those who work on networking stuff then it is recommended you must upgrade the same on all cost. Because the new changes offer you more integrated output and support. Talking about the bugs, you do not need to worry on the same much. The upgrade procedure is listed on the web that you can download and test. I had tested that in different way.

I had installed the os on a laptop and upgraded the kernel. So I might test the same for some weeks to find out any bug found and will then go for the final changes on my server.

There are major changes made on the linux kernal. So to some extent people might worry to upgrade that. Texting the same in another system would be far more better.