Thread: Cisco Cloud Connect on Windows Vista Network

Cisco Cloud Connect on Windows Vista Network

I have a small home network of 4 laptops, 2 desktop system, 2 tablets and a few bunch of smartphones. All laptops that I have are on Windows Vista except those desktop in which one is on Vista and other on Windows 7. There are two people who have tablets and all members of at on my home network has smartphone. One of my desktop pc has all media content while the other act as server for internet configuration. I am looking for a solution by which I can bring them altogether online on a common network.

I can do that on vpn, but that would be complicated to maintain. While searching on web I found Cisco Cloud Connect. I need some information ont he same. I have a Cisco router at home which usually manages everything. I had attached it to a Vista desktop. We share a common internet and media files. I had noticed that it is easy to get some media files on laptops but the same lack on tablet and smartphone. The best example I can give is of iTunes. I am looking for a solution that can help me give access to each device that is on my network a common platform for file sharing.

re: Cisco Cloud Connect on Windows Vista Network

You had chosen the right thing. Cisco Cloud Connect gives you the same what you need. The best part of using this is, that it provides support for Android and iOS devices. Once you signup you can share your common playlist on iPad or android phones.

It is one for those those have cisco router. It is a free online service that provides you simple option to bring your lan on cloud. It works with some kind of common firmware that enable you to access all your device. All you need is to create a account on cloudconnect site. Create a account and the site will detect your network automatically. Tap to select it. It will also show you the devices that are configured on the network. Once you are done with the registration part you can use some inbuilt applications to enjoy the cloud benefit. The application available are parental control, guest access, see and add devices, speed test, media prioritization and usb storage. I will recommend you to go on the official website of this service and have a look on the feature how this all works. If you are still confused how it works then there is a demo video also available which can give you a clear idea about the process. It mostly supports ample of devices. But there are some shortcoming of this service. You might not able to configure some older devices on it.

Cisco Cloud Connect give you a virtual environment of your lan network. The network that you access inside your home is now on the web. By adding devices and the application you can simply get your shared folder.

This app gives you option to control your home network. I did not find anything great in that. You need to get an app on your android phone. With that you can control all your home network with simple tap. For example any guest appear and to grant him internet access you will need to configure the router. Now with this service you can simply tap and allow guest to access your network. This is quiet advance app which is recommended for those who have multiple smart devices at their home. Like a smartv or smartphones, etc. The service only helps you to control your home network. I thought this app provides some kind of streaming access to stored file inside the home network. Till yet when I was going through some settings I did not find any of those. It looks clear that Cisco wants its users to get an common interface by which they can easily modify their network settings. As it is free to use you can test that on your phone.

This is mostly for wifi routers. I am not sure about the wired connection. It is a simple application that helps you to block and unblock stuff on your home wifi network. Quiet useful tool.

If you have kids at your home and you are worry about what they look on web then this app can help you. You can setup parental controls over the network so that unwanted stuff can be blocked. Under that it comes with some default settings. This service only helps you to view your network settings on the web. You can then access it anywhere and modify the connection. It is quiet simply to use. You just need to login to the website on your mobile phone and that's all. All your network stuff is listed. The internal interface is simple. You can see the current list of devices that are online. You can manage the network speed and setup security settings from your phone via this website. There are default filter level by which you can secure your internet connection. The usage and performance depends on the router you have at your home. The most latest is more better. This is quiet exciting feature provided by cisco and I will advice to use atleast once.

It looks great tool. With the help of website one can configure its wifi network settings. I think this will be applicable for small offices also. We can disconnect the connectivity when not in use.

There should be more features. Like Media Prioritization. Under this you can add 3most important applications. For example video chat, internet, etc. This 3 stuff will get the maximum bandwidth. Also if you want you can add 3 devices instead of applications. Those 3 devices will get the maximum bandwidth based on various operations. If you have a fridge with internet connectivity you can also add that on it. The service only allows you to manage those devices. Whom to block and whom to not. You can block internet connection of kids room during sleep times. It looks quiet basic but powerful. Also you can control the bandwidth usage just from your phone. The web interface designed for this quiet smooth and nice.

This service just turns your router settings to a virtual web app. All important settings are listed here. I think you can only understand if you use it. Or it is complicated to understand.