Thread: How can i remove "C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\background.html" from my Windows 7

How can i remove "C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\background.html" from my Windows 7

Dont know what is wrong with my system or my browsers. Whenever i try browse any website i get an error saying "The server was reset before this page loaded". Many times when i click any url, i get this in my browser "C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\background.html". I re-installed my browsers including Firefox and IE but still the same problem. I even created a new user account on my computer but the problem remains yet.

I thought it would be any virus and hence i did complete scan of my system with updated norton internet security but there was no threat found. What else could i try to fix this problem ? Do any of you guys have any idea what is it actually and how can i get rid of it ? If yes, please share.

Re: How can i remove "C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\background.html" from my Windows 7

Yeah this is really frustrating, even i have faced exactly the same problem with my IE8. It gives me an error message stating "Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls" with a bar saying "Allow blocked Content" option on the top. At the same time a pop-up opens with the URL as you mention, i.e. "C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\background.html". I tried to try out few troubleshooting steps i got on web but those are very difficult to understand for me. I guess it is some kind of virus that got downloaded with any of application. I request here any one to please help me out as well from this annoying issue.

Re: How can i remove "C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\background.html" from my Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by bosedk View Post
    Dont know what is wrong with my system or my browsers. Whenever i try browse any website i get an error saying "The server was reset before this page loaded". Many times when i click any url, i get this in my browser "C:\ProgramData\TheBflix\background.html". I re-installed my browsers including Firefox and IE but still the same problem. I even created a new user account on my computer but the problem remains yet.
    Here what you need to do is check the list of installed application and if you find Bflix listed over there, simply uninstall it. As soon as you do that you will be getting this "sorry to see you go" message. Thats it, its is gone now. The explanation to this error is that this type of files get downloaded with something that we download or any similar way. So the solution is that you have to Uninstall it to get rid of it …. Hope this helps

i got this problem too, have you solve this problem.
    if do, please help me.
    thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jbreg View Post
    i got this problem too, have you solve this problem.
    if do, please help me.
    thanks in advance
    Can you check in the Control Panel if you have got something called Bflix, if it is there, then immediately remove it since it is the root cause of this problem. Just go to control panel and then programs and features and uninstall it. Other things you can try is to disable all the Internet Explorer add-ons and check if that works for you.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600