Thread: Two Windows Update KB2676562 and KB2679252 are installed continously

Two Windows Update KB2676562 and KB2679252 are installed continously

I have recently installed windows 7 and I have found that the windows update is prompting me to install KB2676562 and KB2679252 repeatedly even though they have been installed. I don’t know why is it doing so but I have checked about the same in other forums and had found one mentioning that uninstalling. Framework is solving out the issue and I did the same as well but it did not made any difference in my case. I have tried some more suggestions from different forums but they have not helped is there anything else that I can try out further to get rid of these updates?? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Two Windows Update KB2676562 and KB2679252 are installed continously

Are you sure whether the update is actually installed or not, if you are not sure about the same then you will have to check out the same and for that you can try any of the below way:
    • You can check out the installation history and for that Click Start > All Programs > Windows Update or Microsoft Update > View updates history and now check out for the most recent entry. If you find out the entry status as Successful then the update has been installed if it is pending then the update has not been installed and you will have to install it first.
    • Checking out the installation log file, I will like to inform you that this only goes for Windows updates and not for any other program. Since you are aware of the KB number of the update you can check out for the same in the list and see if it is available as installation for Windows Update. if it is available then it has not been installed and you will have to install the same.

Hope that helps.

Re: Two Windows Update KB2676562 and KB2679252 are installed continously

Yes you should first determine whether the update is actually installed or not. If it is installed and it is still prompting you for installing the same again then you can try out the below trouble shooting and see if it is helping you out or not.
    • First try using Microsoft Safety Scanner and scan your computer and see if it is detecting any malware.
    • If that does not finds anything then try using spyware-fighting software and antivirus for scanning the computer, if you want then you can check out some other third-party antivirus software as well but I will suggest you to go with Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software.
    • If they are not making any difference in your case then you will have to try out downloading and installing the update in Safe Mode. For that just follow the below steps:
      • First go to the Microsoft Download website and then enter the number of the Knowledge Base article and click on go, when you get it in the list then download the same and better save it to the desktop.
      • Now Double-click the downloaded file for installing it, you don’t have to extract that file you just have to double click on the same. Restart the system when prompted and then go to the Windows Update website and see if you are getting any other update.
      • If you get it then you will have to install the update in Safe Mode. So just restart the computer and press the F8 key before the Windows starts and then use the Windows starts for selecting Safe Mode and hit enter. After entering the Safe Mode Double-click the file and follow the same installation process that has been mentioned above.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case or not.