Thread: Should I Upgrade MAC OSX Line 10.7.4

Should I Upgrade MAC OSX Line 10.7.4

I Have Mac book pro which I brought before a 2 year ago. It is working fine and I love Apple. I am using MAC OSX lion 10.7.1 in my system. New updates are release for MAC OS X lion and I upgrade it in my system. I want to update MAC OS X Line to 10.7.4 from 10.7.1. But I am little bit scary to do that because my cousin updates his system directly from 10.6.8 to 10.7.4 and he was occurred the problem along with Bluetooth. Then he removes those Updates by restoring system through time machine and after that his computer working well. So, I want to know that there is problem along with Updates or problem is occurred because directly jump to 10.6.8 to 10.7.4. Should I update directly to 10.7.4 from 10.7.1 or use upgrade in order of number.

Re: Should I Upgrade MAC OSX Line 10.7.4

I also have Mac book pro which I brought last year. I regularly upgrade my system with all updates and never get that kind of problem. Now I am running MAC OS X line 10.7.4 which is latest release. I think you had installed broken updates or it is done in improper way that’s why you got that kind of issue. You will need to re-download and install the latest updates in your system. If you are worry about data loss and other problems then first backup your MAC OS X 10.7.1 by time machine and then go for the update.

Sometime that kind of problem is occurred after installing new updates because of some updates cannot support to some devices and application and creating a problem for that particular application. I think your cousin faced the same issue. He might be using a older version of Bluetooth card with older driver in latest version of MAC OS X. So, tell to him upgrade Bluetooth driver first and after that install the updates. I assured you he never get this problem again. I think you can also update the driver directly in 10.7.4.

Don't worry sometimes kind of problem occur after upgrading the Mac system.
    You should first backup your MAC OS X 10.7.1 by time machine or by using a third party tool and then go for the updates.