Thread: Not able to utilize 4GB SD Card completey for Readyboost

Not able to utilize 4GB SD Card completey for Readyboost

Can you tell me why I am facing below mentioned problem? Well my computer is powered by Windows Vista. I noticed that I am not able to make use of 4GB SD card with Readyboost? Why Readyboost is not using the same?

Re: Not able to utilize 4GB SD Card completey for Readyboost

Well in this particular situation I wanted to tell you that ReadyBoost is able to use maximum SD card size of 4GB. Hence in case you try to switch higher size SD card than it wont make any difference into the situation. but we should not forget that performance of SD card would play important role into overall performance of Readyboost. If you are having less RAM installed on the computer then you will be able to see noticeable difference into ReadyBoost performance.

Let me know whether which file format is being used on SD card. if its FAT32 then you should change it to NTFS by formatting using below mentioned instruction.
    • You should right click on the SD card and click on Format button from right click context menu.
    • You should select NTFS and format the same and see whether it is working or not.

I let you know that all the data get erased from the SD card so you should backup all the data before you format it.

By using Readyboost we can use devices such as SD cards or flash drives as an extra memory cache. The system which we are using get quick access to data and it would result into reduced time into data access of hard drive. however you should not forget that using 4GB RAM and 4GB SD card would result into 8GB RAM. after using Readyboost around 1GB of RAM would be used as for all the programs running on the system. you can use remaining memory for hard drive cache on the SD card that you are using with Readyboost.