Thread: No PDF file previews in Windows Explorer

No PDF file previews in Windows Explorer

I have recently formatted my computer and installed windows 7 operating system again. After installing the windows 7 operating system in my computer I have downloaded and install all the required drivers in my computer and then all the things started working properly. I have downloaded Adobe reader from internet and then I have installed in my computer but after that it has started giving me problem. Now when I open any folder contains PDF file and select thumbnail view at that time it shows Adobe icon instead of pew view and major problem is if I click on the preview pane option and then click on the PDF file at that time I don’t get preview. Before formatting my computer whenever I was clicking on the PDF file at that time I was getting preview of the file in preview pane. I don’t know what is cussing this problem. If anyone have solution regarding this then let me know thank you in advance.

Re: No PDF file previews in Windows Explorer

You should download the PDf fix tool from internet and then install it in your computer and after doing that should clear the iconcache and thumbnail cache in your computer and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? To clear the icon cache you have to open my computer and then go to the folder called users. Now you will find the folders with the name of users accounts available in the computer. From those folders you have to open the folder with your username. Now after that you have to open AppData folder and then double click on the Local fodler. Now you have to look for the IconCache.db file. When you find the IconCache.db file you have to right click on it and then select delete option. After deleting the IconCache.db file from your computer you have to restart your system. now after restarting the computer it will rebuild the iconcache.

To clear the thumbnail cache you have to go to open my computer and after opening my computer you have to right click on the C drive. After doing that you have to select properties and then select disk clean up button. Now disk cleanup window will appear. From there you have to check Thumbnails and then uncheck all other boxes. Now click on the OK button and then it will remove the Thumbnail Cache. Now you have to see whether it makes any difference or not?

Have you tried to solve this problem by repairing the Adobe reader in your system? if you have not tried then I will suggest you to go to the control panel and then select change option for adobe reader from the programs. Now click on the repair option. After repairing process gets over you should restart your computer and then check whether you get same problem or not?

In my computer I was also facing the same problem with PDF preview in windows explorer and then I have first tried to solve this problem by installing the iconcache and Thumbnail Cache from my system but after doing that also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have tried to solve this problem by repairing the adobe reader in in my computer and reinstalling it but that didn’t helped me to solve this problem. Now after that I have tried to find the solution on internet regarding PDF file previews issues in windows explorer and then I have come to know that with the help of Adobe Reader preview handler I can solve this problem and then I have downloaded Adobe Reader preview handler and thumbnails from internet and then I have run the installer in my system. after doing that my problem get solved. You should also try this trick and then let me know whether your problem gets solved or not?