Thread: Permission Error while upgrading Applications in Mac OS X Lion

Permission Error while upgrading Applications in Mac OS X Lion

Some days before I have upgraded operating system in my MAC PC from Mac OS X Snow Leopard to MAC OS X lion. After updating operating system in my computer it has started giving me problem. Now whenever I try to update application at that time I get permission error. I have tried to find out solution internet regarding this problem and I come to know that I have to delete old application from my system and download new version of it and install it but it is not good idea to remove each application and download new one again. Please let me know what should I do to update application in my system. Thank you in advance.

Re: Permission Error while upgrading Applications in Mac OS X Lion

You should try to solve this problem by repairing the disk permission in your computer and after doing that you have to check whether you can update application in your computer or not? If you don’t know how to repair disk permission in your system then I will help you with that. First of all you should select application and then go to the Utilities. In Utilities look for the Disk Utility option and open it. After opening the Disk Utility you have to click on the primary hard drive from left pane. Now click on the Verify Disk Permissions button. When you click on the Verify Disk Permissions at that time system will check for the error related to the permission, once it completes verifying process you have to se whether it found any errors or not? If any error appears then you have to click on the Repair Disk Permissions option. after repairing the disk permission you have to check whether your update application in your computer or not?

Yes I was also facing permission errors in my MacBook pro and then I have first thought that this problem is occurring with any particular applications only but when I tried to update any other application at that time I get same problem. Now after that one my friend suggests me to repair disk permission and then I have opened disk utility and then repaired disk permission in my system. After repairing the disk permission when I tried to update the application at that time i didn’t get same problem.

Thanks for providing solution. I have opened application and then opened disk utilities from utility and then verified disk permission but I didn’t get any permission error. I don’t know what is causing this problem. if anyone have solved this type of problem then please help me out.

Try these steps to solve this problem. First you should start your computer in Lion Recovery Volume. To start the computer in recovery volume you have to first turn off your computer and then start it again. When you start your computer at that time press and hold command key and r key. Now you see different options on the screen such as reinstalling, online support, Disk utility. From that option you need to select reinstalling operating system. Don’t worry it will not delete your data. After reinstalling the MAC OS X lion your computer your computer you should check whether your problem gets solved or not? I am suggesting your this solution because in my iMac I was also having similar problem and then I have tried this solution and my problem get solved.