Thread: MS Office 2010 doesnt connect to internet anymore.

MS Office 2010 doesnt connect to internet anymore.

I installed Office 2010 on my laptop last year. Had no problems with it until last Friday when I wanted to open an Excel doc. Th e error msg read that there was no connection to internet, which is strange since I was connected to Hotmail, social networks and Google. For three days I've been following the suggestions found by googling the problem on MS and others, (most appy to 2007) but no luck. I've tried to redownload the Office 2010 and I again got the no internet connection. I am not an IT-genius therefore if you can help, please explain on kindergarden level... Thank you very much in advance.

Re: MS Office 2010 doesnt connect to internet anymore.

Even I was facing similar kind of issues while connecting to office.com in all of the office 2010 programs, such as ms word, ms excel, etc. Then after searching a lot from different websites i came to a solution which helped me, try it for yourself as well and check if that works for you or not. Open Internet Explorer and then go to Tools and then click on Internet Options, after that on the Advanced tab, just click on the Restore Advanced Settings and then click on Reset. Once it is done, then close Internet Explorer and open it again and see if that solves the issue with the microsoft office 2010 or not.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Thank you very much. I did as you suggested, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, but once more thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie-Anne D View Post
    Thank you very much. I did as you suggested, unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, but once more thank you for your reply.
    In that case can you just Open Word > File > Options > Trust center > Trust center settings > Privacy option and then check mark the ‘connect to Office.com for update content when I’m connected to internet’ option and then check out the status and then let me know what you are getting.

Thank you for your reply. But that is the problem. I cant open any of the sub-programs of Office. When I try, I get the logo of the program (Word, Excel, Powerpoint...) with msg: starting with Click-to-run..., and zubsequently the Office logo lights up repeatedly in the taskbar, stating that Microsoft Office might seem unresponsive temporarily while required files are being downloaded and much later I get a msg stating that a connection could not be made with internet... Very, very frustrating, since I am on internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Marie-Anne D View Post
    Thank you for your reply. But that is the problem. I cant open any of the sub-programs of Office. When I try, I get the logo of the program (Word, Excel, Powerpoint...) with msg: starting with Click-to-run..., and zubsequently the Office logo lights up repeatedly in the taskbar, stating that Microsoft Office might seem unresponsive temporarily while required files are being downloaded and much later I get a msg stating that a connection could not be made with internet... Very, very frustrating, since I am on internet!
    Can you just try out renaming ‘Microsoft Help’ folder and then repairing the same:
    • For renaming ‘Microsoft Help’ folder just go to start > All Programs > Accessories > Run > Type "%Programdata%" without the quotes and then and Click on OK and then Rename 'Microsoft Help' as 'Microsoft Help. OLD'.
    • For repairing Office 2010 go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Right click on "Office 2007 suite" and then Click on Change and select the Repair option and then click on Continue and proceed.

Just try out the above things and then let me know of it is making any difference in your case or not.

I did as you suggested, but I dont have MSO Suite 2007, I found 2007 MSO System and when clicking that, I only get the option to "add of remove functions" and/or "Repair"...
    (You cant imagine how much I appreciate your help. Thanks again.)

So, did you choose the option to either uninstall or reinstall the MSO Suite 2007? If that didnt work either, then try to create a new profile (user account) and reinstall office 2010 in that account. But before performing the same solution, you can move the files from "my documents" to a subfolder below C:, so that it will be hassle free to find out the files in the new account that you created.

No, I didn't find the Suite...
    By moving under C, do you mean OS (C?