Thread: Not happy with the windows 8 explorer

Not happy with the windows 8 explorer

I don’t know if somebody has targeted this issue earlier or not but this is the first time I am making a thread on windows 8. All I want to say about windows 8 is that its quite good with a touch screen like interface. Quite handy in today’s world but one thing I am not happy about windows 8 is its windows explorer. I liked the windows 7 explorer simply because it used to show me the preview of an image file as well as the meta data respectively but I found this is not the case with the windows 8. In the windows we have to either view a preview of a file, or view the file details we can’t view both. So that’s the problem in windows 8. I just wonder what do you all have to say about the same? Can you all please reply on to it. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Not happy with the windows 8 explorer

Who said you can’t do it. You can definitely view both the preview as well as the file details of the same. So here are the steps on how you will be able to do that

1) Select the View Tab on the Ribbon, then select the Details pane.
    2) Now a small pane will come up on the right side which will display the preview of the image. Below you will also find a interactive metadata at the same pane.
    3) If you want more options then click on the picture tool tab. You will get a lot of options out there.

In case if you didn’t knew Windows 8 has fixed up the Details Pane issue which was there in windows 7. In windows 7 when you want to view a image that had good amount of Metadata then the details pane wasn’t quite large enough to hold all the data. In order to see everything you needed to drag the details pane to some extent and view it. In this new details pane of Windows 8 you can see everything clearly without any need of stretching the details pane at all.

So I hope I have told you the necessary answers, anything else that you need to know then please do let me know about it. I will try and answer it out for you.

Re: Not happy with the windows 8 explorer

See that is the thumbnail like thing and not the exact preview image. Thumbnail in the details pane is not a good replacement for the image that we used to get In the windows 7 explorer. So at the end of the day when we want to see or view any image then we will have to open it separately to view it properly. The thumbnail images aren’t going to help us with any big deal. In fact not only this there are many other shortcomings that I have seen in windows 8 which were a integral part of all the windows operating system. Let me mention few of them over here only.

1) Absence of start menu.
    2) Many commands like Compatibility Files, View Remote Printers are missing from the ribbon.
    3) The unblock button which we could find out in the file properties of the downloadable files are also missing.
    4) Some important File operations like Rename, Delete cannot be undone now.

So these are some of the important points which have been removed in Windows 8, with the upcoming operating systems the user experience is going to change drastically I must say.