Thread: How remove Windows XP completely without reinstall

How remove Windows XP completely without reinstall

I am looking forward to dump my very old PC but before that I would like to completely remove the Windows XP without a reinstall. Is it any way to do it? I mean I don’t have any installation disk to format the HDD and even I don’t have a floppy drive. So is there any way to copy files to CD and boot into DOS in order to format the root drive?

Re: How remove Windows XP completely without reinstall

If you want to make sure that any data cannot be restored, you should better deal with the hard drive with a wiping tool such as DBAN. There are several physical HDD wiping tool which will permanently delete all data and partition from the HDDs. Otherwise you can send your HDD to some third party dealer who will do it for some cost. Both are better option but it depends upon you to choose.

Initially there are two possibilities: FAT32 or NTFS. To find out, click in Explorer, right-click the drive where your XP back up, and then choose Properties. Among the properties is the file format specified. The reason we verify this in advance, is that in the case of a FAT32 walk a different path than with NTFS. In order to format the hard drive, use in this scenario MSDOS boot floppy . You can make this yourself (advanced) or download (zipp format). In the next step we start the computer with the MSDOS boot floppy. Ensure that all personal information that you need are stored elsewhere, because the next steps will remove this data from your hard disk or partition. You should also ensure that your computer boot from floppy first, most likely you can adjust it in the BIOS in the Advanced Options or something with similar names. Set first boot device as floppy as a second hard disk and your CD-ROM third.

ALL data on all partitions on which there are Windows installations should remain intact or are not care for the partitions to delete XP installations and can be deleted with quiet. If they want to keep, get updated very often, unfortunately, just the way of deleting the Windows folder. Then let clean up the boot.ini of Windows XP. The check goes to Start-> Run-> msconfig-> BOOT.INI-> All Boot Paths. If you want to delete only the old Windows, you need to obtain a so-called live CD from the internet (on Linux, but that looks similar to Windows), from which you can then boot and also call up a file manager. By then you have to just delete the Windows folder on the hard drive completely, the Programs folder, you can normally delete them with the same as the Most data are then run in the cases no longer with the new Windows. The best way would then delete the folder or the Documents and Settings, which are then also the personal data and documents.