Thread: Getting “Driver power state failure” error while installing Windows 8 consumer preview on Asus P7P55D

Getting “Driver power state failure” error while installing Windows 8 consumer preview on Asus P7P55D

hello guys, I am having some issues with my system with Asus P7P55D-E EVO along with Intel i7 870 2.93 GHz and ram memory of 8 GB . I am completely new to this section and so required your assistance as I am getting an error Driver power state failure. this was when I was making attempts at the time of installing windows 8. Is it because I am trying with dual boot, I have created one more partition to install windows 8. So I want some means in which I will be able to run the setup to run without checking drivers? I later made some checks in the event viewer as I hoped that could be the reason for this issue and it says a Kernel power critical error occurred,so , I am however not sure how to resolve the problem.so can you guys assist me to solve my case.after reading up on it, it appears like it is a driver issue for Hdds, and something relating with it. everything was working perfectly till the installation of windows 8 but not knowing what exactly is the issue.

re: Getting “Driver power state failure” error while installing Windows 8 consumer preview on Asus P7P55D

According to your issue , I suppose this could be your power supply problem as this is the main cause. If you are getting something like 9f , the possibility is that , it might be an driver issue . so first of all see in to it that you have proper drivers installed. Have you added devices lately or updated drivers. So guys this error generally means a driver is not handling the power state correctly. You can make sure regarding the same in control panel >>Device
    Manager to be certain major drivers are not shut off during sleep. Then you can double click Display Adapter >> NIC and WIFI and further move in Sound and others. You then need to check in power Management tab and uncheck Allow computer to turn off power. Type - MSCONFIG and Right Click - RUN AS ADMIN, move under check Diagnostic Start in general tab and then apply reboot. If you are still facing any issues regarding some blue screens , the major issue would be video drivers. There could be an possibility that you might older drivers as they are a common contributor to BSoD issues.so I need to tell you that you can check if you are using the most recent hardware drivers, especially the chipset and video drivers.

re: Getting “Driver power state failure” error while installing Windows 8 consumer preview on Asus P7P55D

Yes, the previous post is correct as the major issue belongs regarding the driver conflicts. I was with same issue and this is a common issue which comes across when you are installing windows 7 and I have experienced the same while installing windows vista 64 bits, but the question which came up to my mind was testing my drivers whether they are compatible with or not, so alter searched on forums and found that you can use a product like Driver Genius or Radar Sync to confirm you have the latest drivers.

This is an common issue which everyone experiences as you can first of all download and install updates along with device drivers and also scan for viruses , you also need to check for hard disk issues. I think you could be getting parameters on the blue screen.and Parameter 1 indicates the type of violation. So depending on the type of parameter, you will be able to locate the actual cause. So I will provide you with short information regarding the parameters. So if you are with 0x1 parameter, this is generally caused due to the device object that is being freed still has an outstanding power request that it has not concluded. Something like 0x2 indicates that the device object has finished I/O request packet (IRP) for the system power state request, but it did not tend to call PoStartNextPowerIrp. 0x3 indicates that an device object has been blocking an IRP for a long period of time. So if you are concerned with developing a device driver, Debugging bug check 0x9F when Parameter 1 equals 0x3.You need to make use of !analyze -v command to carry out the initial bug check analysis. You will find the same in kernel debugger. the verbose analysis will tend to display the address of the nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER structure, which is in Parameter 3 (arg3).this will occur when you have a bug running with windows 7.