Thread: HP OfficeJet Application is not getting installed in Windows 8 consumer preview

HP OfficeJet Application is not getting installed in Windows 8 consumer preview

I have recently installed Windows 8 consumer preview in my system and I am having a OfficeJet 6500 and the problem that I am facing here is that I am not able to install the other applications which I have got with the OfficeJet, for eg the scanner is not getting installed and I am getting an error message saying that the Setup is having wrong version which is version 14 in my case, I have checked out the HP site as well and I have not yet found any update for the Windows 8 consumer preview, I did not had any issues I installing the printer as the Windows 8 already came with the OfficeJet drivers but then as I have said I am not able to install the other application that I have got with the deal, I have tried using compatibility tool and using the setup which I had used in windows 7 but then as I had a doubt they did not made any difference and I am still not able to install any of the other application, is there anyone who has tried out the same and has come across the same situation and has an idea for fixing this out???

Re: HP OfficeJet Application is not getting installed in Windows 8 consumer preview

You are just not the one who is facing this issue even I am in, I have been trying to install the OfficeJet full install software but then when I am carrying out the installation process then it just keeps on checking out the system but then does not proceed with the installation part at all, in my case the printer is on the network, windows 8 is not having any problem in finding it out and I did not had any issue during the installation of it as well but then like you even I am not able to install the other application that we have got, I have been looking after a solution for the same and I have found a no of people having the same issue, some experts have just mentioned that it is a compatibility issue and it will need an update from the HP side for fixing this issue and I am just waiting for an updated version, by just going through some of the threads I have found that the HP is basically launch printmanagement.msc after 30 to 60 days after the operating system arrives the store fir their devices but then I have not yet came cross it, I think that we will have to contact hp for the same, I was using windows 7 previously and hp is still having Windows 7 Full featured software and drivers and I have tested out them as well, I have got varying replies for this issue so I am pretty confused by now and I am still looking out after an answer for this, if anyone has a workaround on this issue then please share it will be very great full.

Re: HP OfficeJet Application is not getting installed in Windows 8 consumer preview

I think that you both should try out removing the printer from the system and after that try out uninstalling and reinstalling the software using the CD and see if it is working out for you or not, if possible then try out using XP SP3 Compatibility Mode and other as far as the testing is concerned, I also wanted to add that the Scanner won’t be seen in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers but then you will have to expand Imaging devices in your Device Manager for checking it out, so if you are having it and you were not aware of the same then you can try out updating the driver and for that just right click on the scanner driver and then select “Update the driver software” option and after that just select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option if you want and if you are quite aware then you can try browsing your system for the drivers as well,I will suggest you to better try out the basic print and scan drivers from the hp site rather than using any other fancy software. Just try out the same and then let me know if it is helping.

I think that I can help you out here, actually I was having similar case but then I had followed the below solution and it had helped, if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you both as well or not.
    • First just remove the Multifunction printer from the computer by going in to the add/remove programs and then make sure that you are rebooting the system after that.
    • Now go to the win8 compatibility center and then check out if your printer is compatible or not, if not then I don’t think that you will be able to install the other applications like the scanning and emailing software but then you can install the printer drivers.
    • After that just connect the printer to the system and then install the driver, in my case the printer was compatible and doing this had resolved the can, copy, email to pc, control center and print issues, actually I had tried out the same when the printer was in network but then they were not working before, later when I connected it directly to the pc and tried out the same then to my surprised they started working.
    • So after installing all the software I disconnected it form the pc and then connected it to the network, in your case you have mentioned the same issue with the printer on the network, so I just wanted to know that was it connected to a pc and shared connected to a pc and shared or it was connected to a hub or switch with a network cable, I think that installing the software first by directly connecting to the pc is important so make sure even you are connecting that you are doing what I have tried out.
    • When you are done with all the above steps then start “add a printer wizard” and then it should get installed properly with all the features working.

Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you all or not, I think that you both might have not tried out the installation by directly connecting the printer to the pc, anyways try it out this time and post back the result that you get.

If it is due to compatibility issue as one has mentioned above then you both can try out the below troubleshooting for it:
    • If you are having Windows 8 Developer Preview then make sure that you are upgrading to the Windows 8 Consumer Preview
    • After installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview connect the printer to your system and then start the Windows Update and install all the update that you get and then make sure that you are rebooting the system after that for the updates to take effect, if there will be any compatibility issues then the Windows Update will handle them, if you want then you can download the updates and then install them one by one as well.
    • If you don’t get any update then you can check out the Windows 8 compatibility center and as it has been mentioned above check out if the device is having a compatibility status.
    • If at all your device is not listed there then you can check out the Action Center by going in to the control panel, you can check out if any compatibility issue has been explained there or not.
    • You can just right lick on the application and then select “check for compatibility” this should help you out with most of the compatibility issues if you follow the solutions steps by step without skipping any step.
    • Now download latest version for software or hardware for your case and you can get the same from a site which is compatible with Windows 7 as the Windows 8 Consumer Preview is beta, there are possibilities that in some cases you won’t be able to get the compatible version for Windows 8, I think that most of the applications that run in Windows 7 should run fine in Windows 8 as well and that’s the reason I have suggested you to get the latest version for software or hardware from the site that will be compatible with Windows 7.
    • If at any stage of the process windows is detecting any kind of issue and asking you to report the same or if it is taking long time to complete the installation process then better uninstall the software, restart the machine and then try out reinstalling the software.
    • If the windows is thinking that the wireless capability is turned off in the device then go to the advanced property page of the wifi device from the Device Manager and then check out for an entry which will be indicating that the driver for the device is not using the device in full power mode, just to explain the same in detail device in full power mode in a dell system has "Minimum Power Consumption" value set to "Enabled" when the windows 8 is installed and if it is so then the device won’t be working properly with the wireless switch, if you carry out a suspend resume here ten the 802.11 access points won’t be getting detected by the device, even if you run network troubleshooter it will keep saying that the switch was off.

If the above troubleshooting is not helping you out then I think that you should better contacting software or hardware manufacturer support and address then the whole issue and check out what they have to say about the same.