Thread: Windows 8 consumer preview is taking long time to load to desktop

Windows 8 consumer preview is taking long time to load to desktop

I have been using HP Pavillion G7 notebook which is having 2.2 ghz a4 amd vision dual core along with 8gb ram and 500 gb hdd, it was running on widows 7 previously and I have recently installed Windows 8 consumer preview and the problem that I am facing is that the it is taking long time to load to desktop, I mean everything is far till the start menu loads but then after that the desktop is taking about 4 minutes to get loaded fully, I just wanted to know if anyone has faced the same and has an idea about any solution for fixing this??

Re: Windows 8 consumer preview is taking long time to load to desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Ya-This-@ne View Post
    I have been using HP Pavillion G7 notebook which is having 2.2 ghz a4 amd vision dual core along with 8gb ram and 500 gb hdd, it was running on widows 7 previously and I have recently installed Windows 8 consumer preview and the problem that I am facing is that the it is taking long time to load to desktop, I mean everything is far till the start menu loads but then after that the desktop is taking about 4 minutes to get loaded fully, I just wanted to know if anyone has faced the same and has an idea about any solution for fixing this??
    Before I suggest you something about this I just want you to install the ADK and select the "Windows Performance Toolkit" after that start Windows Performance Recorder and then you can make a Fast Start-up or Boot trace if you are using fast start-up feature or the traditional boot. Now after rebooting the system just stop the trace and after that compress the file and then upload the same here so that I can go through the same and have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you out with the same as well. Just try out what I have requested for further help.

Even I have been facing the same issue but then my case is worse than yours, first of all it is taking long time to load to the desktop and after loading some icons I have found that it is taking more time for uploading some of the software, like antivirus, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I had never faced any such issues on windows 7 previously and I am really feeling disappointed with Windows 8 consumer preview by now, I have tried out the possible solutions that I could have like reinstalling the whole windows but then it is not appearing to be making any difference, I have been looking out after a solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have just found more and more people having this issue and not yet a single solution for fixing this, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue, I feel like switching back to the windows 7 but then I will wait for a day or two to get a workaround for this, any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulbulay View Post
    Even I have been facing the same issue but then my case is worse than yours, first of all it is taking long time to load to the desktop and after loading some icons I have found that it is taking more time for uploading some of the software, like antivirus, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I had never faced any such issues on windows 7 previously and I am really feeling disappointed with Windows 8 consumer preview by now, I have tried out the possible solutions that I could have like reinstalling the whole windows but then it is not appearing to be making any difference, I have been looking out after a solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have just found more and more people having this issue and not yet a single solution for fixing this, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue, I feel like switching back to the windows 7 but then I will wait for a day or two to get a workaround for this, any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.
    I will suggest you to try out what I have suggested in my very first post and then post back the requested details and for now you can try downloading and installing a free program called “Advanced SysytemCare” for cleaning up the system and tuning the performance, I have been using the same from a long time and I think that it is one of the best, it is very easy to use, it comes with quick system analyzer and optimizer which help in fixing out common issues and will boost the performance of the system and will keep it stable as well, just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case or not and make sure that you are disabling all the start up program so as to carry out the first test.