Thread: How do the ordinary People Use Windows 8

How do the ordinary People Use Windows 8

hi guys

I like to share this with you all , I was just browsing on the web searching the information about the Windows 8 and stumbled on the YouTube video How Real People Will Use Windows 8, and I like to tell you that , this video shows the glimpse of what will be going to happen when the Windows 8 will actually made available to the public . what happen if Microsoft releases Windows 8 with all the flaws it has like no Start button and all . in other words the Microsoft will see reality in case they were thinking that the average computer users will be happy with the new User Interface in Windows 8, I mean event the worst creation of Microsoft Windows Vista looks better that the windows 8. What do you people feels about this New Windows 8 , I will really like the comment on this

Re: How do the ordinary People Use Windows 8

We are quite excited about the new interface of Windows 8. And we mean blazing best. But, truth be told, you and we are not exactly normal people. The fact that you read a post on an interface probably says enough. Normal people' will however use Windows 8. Since the OS is apparently still not ready. Microsoft looks to Windows 8 give a new twist to these records and is on track to achieve this if we consider the number of users who have tested the Consumer Preview version. As reported in the company's Twitter account, so far has doubled the number of downloads of the beta version of the operating system from Windows 7. This allows us to deduce that the sale of licenses will be very high, especially if we consider that one of the great innovations of Windows 8 will adapt to the new devices on the rise: the tablets. The new way to manage the RAM in Windows 8 will regulate assignments for all applications, even independently of the memory request you have made a particular application. The aim of the developers is that when the system becomes low on memory have automatically locate the suspended processes that are running and who may have reallocate free memory for applications that need it at that particular time. System developers believe that with this model of memory allocation ensures that the amount of available memory is not lost, given that many applications tiendena consume more memory than allocated. Microsoft as an example the suspension of applications in the Metro interface, which keeps the CPU for other applications and prevents background applications consume excessive resources.

Most users will have enough with the Windows version 8 for everyday use, since it will be the equivalent of Windows 7 edition Home Premium, including the main features of Windows for the average user. Meanwhile, Windows 8 Pro includes advanced features: BitLocker, possibility boot from VHD, and encrypted filesystems or Windows Media Center available as an additional payment will be part of this release. Most comprehensive of passage! But I agree with you. If this is REALLY the new Windows OS, I have never been so happy to be switched to Mac OS. Too bad, since Windows 7 I thought it a great product. I have to admit that Windows 7 is a good product . pity that there are people (including myself) who needs a computer and not a tablet! I want to see who uses a computer at work when he finds himself having to unravel the interface between the big squared meters.
    I hope I give the possibility (if not already there) to use the normal interface. In fact, this interface is really good for a touchscreen so much easier and many tasks. I doubt arises whether this same system will be used on standard computers: in this case is, in my opinion very uncomfortable to use, because instead of our fingers and touch, we use a mouse, which, although much more accurate, slows much of the operations.

The incontrovertible fact that Microsoft apprehend they are being screwed within the tablet/mobile market, and that they apprehend that an increasing range laptop users are employing a pill rather than a laptop. in order that they have gotten increasingly desperate. They suppose that the solution is to form PCs/laptops appear as if tablets. Enable developers to form apps for tablets which will conjointly run on PCs and laptops. the danger for Microsoft is that every one they're going to do is hasten the decline of the mainstream laptop market while not increasing their share within the pill market. individuals can say: "if laptops are nothing however huge tablets, i might rather have a tablet". this would possibly not facilitate Microsoft: it'll drive individuals into a market where they are at a massive disadvantage. the concept that they'll have the benefit of apps portability across tablets and PCs/laptops is maybe illusory.

For the foreseeable future, it's doubtless that a major rump of desktop/laptop use can stay, however the market can get smaller. several mobile workplace users will use tablets , thusme cannot sensibly do so. i believe that several shoppers can have all they have in tablets , however photographers, as an example, most likely will not. we want huge, high-resolution displays with tight pointing devices and keyboards. the danger for those folks that require PCs is that Microsoft is accelerating the move faraway from PCs/laptops, which is able to become additional of a minority market, and costlier. Oh, and they are giving us a lousy (Metro) interface to use on our PCs, too.

this is often not correct , I simply don’t perceive that why are individuals acting like windows eight goes to hinder regular laptop users, i.e. not pill or Smartphone users? did not Microsoft build it clear that windows eight features a mode that helps you to run the OS specifically sort of a regular desktop, as in windows 7? i do not apprehend what they need planned to travel with this new OS however it's like they're attempting to compete with the iPad. they ought to most likely not attempt to go that route. Apple has proven that they own the Pad market. All the iPad competitors up to now are failing to form that a profitable venture.

I guess they'll attempt to see if they'll get the bit screen PC's to finally get away. I personally do not see the bit screen replace the recent fashion keyboard any time soon. Most skilled Photoshop power users run such a lot faster using keyboard shortcuts. I will see that there's a marketplace for the bit screen however not a full time replacement. For our world, Photoshop, i believe perhaps a twin monitor discovered with Windows running on one monitor and image editing employing a bit screen rather than a Wacom. however i believe that the editing on the second monitor employing a Wacom would be faster.

Well whether or not this are major reason that switch to Macs and Linux machines? whereas I agree that the marketplace for PCs can shrink, I conjointly personally believe the marketplace for ancient PCs can stay quite massive in absolute terms. The workplace model merely is not going anywhere. Where I work, we have a tendency to use iPad, and each iPhones,and a spread of Android devices. however I see no move on ANYONEs half to exchange their desktop with a comparatively little device with no keyboard. It's simply too exhausting to supply quality documents on one, or to consolidate info from our remote offices, Microsoft ought to need may be a move faraway from MICROSOFT workplace to Open supply. Microsoft are not reaching to win within the pill market by upsetting laptop users. There simply is not a magic formula for Microsoft where they'll build laptops and tablets look an equivalent, thus users can suddenly suppose "we've need to junk our iPad and Androids and find Microsoft tablets". Nor can developers notice a standard platform that advantageous that they'll develop just for Metro. i actually doubt which will happen within the mainstream. It's attempting to form a synthetic and unhelpful commonality across widely differing platforms. To me this It appears MICROSOFT have succeeded in turning plenty of individuals off yes, myself included well before the launch. that is not usually a really smart sign more, I feel they've chosen to play the sport in keeping with a rulebook that was clearly written by those nice of us in Cupertino. Competing with Apple on Apple's home turf isn't a really sensible strategy, On high of that, company America is during a} very price aware mood. they are still assimilating Win seven and 64-bitness. They will demand a return on that investment before forking out on another release.

I might apprehend that tapping the Windows key on the keyboard pops up the beginning Menu/Screen, What follows is an unbearable example of why Microsoft shouldn’t have removed a style component that users have relied on for nearly twenty years, since Windows ninety five. plenty of individuals have voiced their considerations over Microsoft's use of "touch-based" UI with Windows eight. In a shot to measure how the "average" desktop user can have interaction and react to Windows 8's Metro style, lockergnome had his dad sit down and use Windows eight with none previous instruction. t is extremely new to everybody even to me. consider initial|the primary} time once I first logged to dzone. i used to be thinking it's too confusing to browse article and notice smart one to browse as there are scores of zones over this web site. however because the time past i got grip on it, while not facilitate of any instruction. In same approach i believe everybody can get use to it. however it'd be smart if it's provided to avoid any juggling. i am simply curious what metro uproar you're talking about? several of the reviews of Win 8 that I've browse are overall positive as has been my and my friends expertise with the developer/consumer previews. Yes, there are annoyances I want they'd modification however there'll be with something new, particularly one thing still in development. have you ever thought-about that Microsoft continues to be running focus teams and that they are still responding to them and this is often what came out? simply because you do not am fond of it doesn't suggest that no-one will. This rings a bell in my memory somewhat of the reaction to the Ribbon. Yes, I knew specifically where everything was in Word and Excel 2000 and will navigate with aplomb. Then the ribbon came and that i had to try and do some looking. it had been jarring initially however I quickly tailored and that i will currently appreciate the numerous blessings of the ribbon, particularly for brand spanking new or novice users.

Microsoft has been a reasonably dangerous performer over the previous couple of years when it involves innovation. But, i do not complain as a result of i do not mind. If you wish your flashy defunct stuff, use apple os. If you wish stability, use linux. If you wish a huge style of alternatives within the software you utilize, use windows. it is a trade-off in either case. I actually have to relinquish it to Microsoft that the steadiness of windows seven appears to be much better than the other they created before and that they created fairly smart makes an attempt in creating the OS safer. however i isn’t shopping for into this flashy crap referred to as windows eight. they ought to decision windows eight as windows seven movable instead (or anything similar that doesn't devalue their name/reputation on future releases). So, windows eight is certainly an OS i skip. perhaps windows nine - as long as they do not screw that up. Btw, did you notice that the windows seven drivers aren't compatible with the windows eight drivers? that is reaching to cause plenty of headaches within the it departments; thus i assume they're going to suppose twice regarding the switch and follow xp even longer.

This is not honest , well I am not to defend Microsoft or something, however you'll be able to place any , blind guy in front of any laptop running any OS and you'll see an equivalent issue, whether or not it's Mac OS, Linux, or Windows. what's this guy trying to do on the pc anyway? he finds the browser, he isn't reaching to savvy to use it, or the net page. A laptop is not alleged to be thus easy that any idiot will use it. you'll be able to even place him in front of a PS3 or Xbox and you'll see an equivalent issue. creating an OS too easy can simply build the expertise worse for somebody that must use a robust tool on a everyday. rather like cars. If this guy never seen a automobile before, and you told him to drive it round the block, you think that he would be ready to? Although he did pulled it off, he still wants coaching, practice, and wishes to pass a driving check and written check to induce a driver license. This video is simply someone's joke to form Microsoft look stupid

I am not certain albeit it works well on mobile devices, the name it gets on the desktop might cause plenty of individuals to avoid any product with Win eight on it (even tablets and phones where it's going to work better). IOW, when users begin hearing Windows eight is awful that i believe is extremely doubtless to be the impression of [average] desktop users attempting it for the primary time, then potential consumers might avoid it, period.

We'll got to wait and see what happens. But, i believe they are nuts if they do not build some changes for desktop users before product launch to relinquish it a additional ancient user interface because it is currently, it is not terribly intuitive to use on a desktop Vista sold quite a couple of copies as a result of unless you insisted on XP, that is what the new machine came with. And you regularly did not have a selection. company America can stick with win seven for a protracted time as a result of upgrading thousands of individuals is painful and there is no reason to maneuver on.

Well I like to tell you that I switched to Vista, W7 and back to XP, then tried once more to W7, and currently back to XP. i'd solely say the largest drawback is that the GUI issue that was driving me nuts all the time when using W7 and Vista. I will imagine the retailers hating it owing to the quantity of returns they go to induce from annoyed customers, too -- where they'll attempt to stock solely Win seven desktops for as long as potential to avoid that sort of issue. however There are a couple of things to love regarding Windows eight, too. Most notably, it appears to own higher color management out of the box. From the primary boot, it had my Canon network printer and its driver totally put in, along side profiles for the printer and my monitor. Color from monitor to paper is amazingly correct for having done fully no calibration. If this is often not simply happy coincidence, I will see photographers deciding to overlook a couple of things.