Thread: How to speed up a 32 Bit system

How to speed up a 32 Bit system

Hey friends I was using a 32bit Laptop, but as my laptop has been damaged due to some reason now a days am using another 32 machine, but I am finding it very slow as compared to my previous system. I usually use it to play games on facebook or to watch videos on YouTube.

The 32 bit system is slow that most of the times the videos freeze up or even crash. I am using Windows Vista Operating System. I am using Google Chrome as my browser. I have even deactivated the acceleration on the flash player but it shows no improvement. Kindly provide me with some solutions so that I can enjoy my social networking experience?

Re: How to speed up a 32 Bit system

Few days ago even I was facing the same problem with my laptop I tried some of the solutions as follows
    1)You can disable few unnecessary startup processes by going in startup menu. You can do it by clicking on “Start” then type “msconfig” in to the search box & press “Enter”, click “Startup”, uncheck the processes which you don’t want during the startup and press “Apply”.

These processes will no longer launch at the time of startup. But be careful while doing this that you don’t disable any critical system processes.

2)Delete all unused program data. For doing this click on “Start”, and type “Programs & features” into search box. Click “Program and Features” and mark all the programs that you don’t use and uninstall them.

Re: How to speed up a 32 Bit system

Even I had same issues with my laptop earlier I tried some different solutions but the one which really helped me was turning on Windows Ready Boost.

You can make your Flash drive as an extra memory unit. Plug in a USB Flash drive in a USB port and choose “Speed up my System” when the “Auto play” option appears. Click “Use this device”, and adjust the slider to the maximum setting listed under “Space to reserve for system Speed”, and then click “Apply”