Thread: Not able to change forgotten keychain access password in Lion OS X

Not able to change forgotten keychain access password in Lion OS X

this is really a frustrating, here is the story so far, I just bought the MacBook Pro that has the Lion OS X form the Apple store , I just decline the setting-up a password and now I having some issue with the changing the password on the MacBook Pro. I I have did every thing that is mentioned on the apple help to change a forgotten Keychain access password but that didn’t help in any way , I even tried to reset the Apple ID and Password but that show the prompt dialogue box declines everything Apple ID, Apple ID and Password, and just Password. So currently its looks as if I will never able to reset the password . is there anyone here can help me on this as I have looked everywhere but nothing is helping me at the moment , I will be appreciating any help here …. Thanks

Re: Not able to change forgotten keychain access password in Lion OS X

You need to boot your Mac into Recovery HD mode, and then use the Reset Password utility to reset your log-in password. Shutdown your Mac, and press the ability button. As soon as you heard the startup chime, hold down the choice key. pictures of over one boot volume can show up. Use the arrow keys to pick out Recovery HD. When boot up in Recovery HD completes, you'll be able to notice the Reset Password utility within the menu commands. Or primarily, we've to delete the keychains located within the account in question. Now, it's commonly said that so as to edit keychains, you have got to try to to it through the Keychain Access utility within the account in question. however that is not possible since you cannot even login. Well, we'll want another account with admin privileges. There are innumerable ways that to form one even supposing you cannot access your solely account. simply Google it, it's everywhere. So, we tend to got our second account with admin privileges. In theory, you'll be able to access the initial account's Library folder and then the Keychains folder and delete all files inside. Such folders are protected and that we want permission to access them. Fortunately, we tend to are admin. Basically, we are able to right click the folders, Get Info, and provides ourselves permission. however we will not try this, either. In Lion, the Library folders, together with those in different Users, are hidden. we will not right click one thing we will not see. thus we'll ought to use the Terminal. Open it and run

Code:
    sudo cd Users/(name  of  user) /Library
    Where (name of user) is your original account. currently the Finder pops up with, miraculously, the Library folder selected, and after all, visible. Right click and provides yourself permission to browse & Write. Enter the folder. currently seek for the Keychains folder. Do identical (right click and acquire permission for it). Now, within the Keychains folder, delete the files in it. i believe it's enough to merely delete the login.keychain file.. or simply move it away. you ought to currently be able to log in to your original account. likelihood is that that the keychain can want you to re-enter passwords you used before etc... however that is straightforward enough

I am not certain if this assist however When somebody will not access his/her keychain or has recently reset his/her password by means that apart from those related to the Accounts menu, his/her solely possibility is to delete the keychains that cannot be accessed. this could be done by finishing the subsequent steps

1. Go to /Applications/Utilities/
    2. Look for and double click the Keychain access icon. this may launch the Keychain Access window.
    3. Go to the Edit menu at the highest of the screen and choose Keychain List from the pull down menu.
    4. Within the resulting window, find and click on the keychains that are currently inaccessible.
    5. Verify that no different keychains are selected.
    6. Click the OK button. This may commit the changes and shut the window. If the OK button is dimmed, deselect and reselect one in every of one’s own choices.
    7. Restart the machine and login. The keychain ought to currently operate with the new Administrator password.

The fact that the password was never exited plus it is really very ease to reset the account password, that does not reset the Keychain Password. So here is the way I like to suggest you that may help you in getting what you are looking for .as this is the newest Laptop that you have it s looks as if you most likely do not have a lot of thing that accrued on that machine. Just launch the Terminal from the Applications/Utilities folder and after that just copy paste this line “rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone”. after completing this just close all the window that is open and reboot the system . after the MacBook Pro restart it will not locate the directory as well as file so it will think that this is a first time that it has boot-up. Like you bought it from the Apple store . Now go through the setup procedure and make yourself an Administrator account and give it a Password. go on to use that account and all will be well. In case there is few stuff that you needed then do this. create a folder within the Shared Folder the path for that will be the Hard Drive/Users/Shared, and create a folders within it and named it as Documents, Music, Photos, Movies. Now Copy the contents of the related folders from the user drive into the recently made folders. Do this until you get all the stuff that you need. After that just do the above steps of running the Terminal command to make the new Admin account and once that is done you just copy the Contents of the folders in the Shared Folder back to their respective folders within the recently created User account. See if that helps you

Thanks for the really guys I really appreciate the answer, but the fact that my MacBook Pro is just bought I am now trying to open Safari, I switched to iPad, but now the iPad application above dock is locked but the technique that you have given is very help full now I am able to open the whole thing without any problem , but there is something that is bothering me and that is , I am still getting continuous dialogue box prompt saying the Keychain Access to mail. I have tried the Cut and Paste (Option 1) continually while I logged into iCloud and iTunes but that is not helping me in any way , is there I have done that have turn off Keychain Access. Can anyone here can help me on this as I have looked everywhere but not able to find any solution to . I will b e glad to know the answer to this …………………… thanks in advance

No, that you are doing wrong the fact that the option one is not the cut paste , it is copy paste , okay now you are able to open everything I guess now it is time to make a new keychain. Do as the following , just go to the keychain application , over there go to the file and form the file new Keychain . now just follow the instruction that it will suggest and you will be perfectly okay . you still have to show the new keychain you passwords and such although that would be no issue . the fact that you are in fact in the new account that you just made , the Keychain must have asked if you need to store the passwords in keychain, although it should not prompt anything else as they are linked on the iPad and your Apple ID that is ITunes Account . before you start with the Sync just be certain that you have all the content of your old iTunes application , in your new one