Thread: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

When I boot up windows XP I get the error windows cannot load the stored profile. It then states Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging in as a guest. However when I shut down then boot up again it finds my profile and everything is back to normal. this has been going on every day for 2 weeks now. What is going on, and how do I fix it?

Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dave 3107 View Post
    When I boot up windows XP I get the error windows cannot load the stored profile. It then states Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging in as a guest. However when I shut down then boot up again it finds my profile and everything is back to normal. this has been going on every day for 2 weeks now. What is going on, and how do I fix it?
    Have you tried following the solutions that has been mentioned in the below article?
    Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"
    If not then try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I have tried creating a new profile but the issue continues. I don't think it is a corruption issue because after the reboot it works fine. Its always just the 1st time I boot up.

I have tried creating a new profile but the issue continues. I don't think it is a corruption issue because after the reboot it works fine. Its always just the 1st time I boot up.
    I still think that it is a case of corruption, have you tried running Run DiskCleanup if not then try it out:
    • Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup
    • Also go to start and then type "cmd" without the quotes and then hit enter and then type "sfc /scannow" in the command prompt and then hit enter.
    • If you want then you can analyze the log file entries which will be generated by the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program, you can refer to the below article for the same.

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista
    Just try out these things and then let me know what you get.

I ran checkdisck, and it hasn't happened since. Thanks for your help.

That seemed to work for about a week. Now it is happening again. I reran chkdsk again but I am still having the same issue.

That seemed to work for about a week. Now it is happening again. I reran chkdsk again but I am still having the same issue.
    Your issue seems to be weird now, since it has occurred again i just wanted to know that which antivirus program you are using in your system?? have you tried scanning the system thoroughly?? if not then try out the same and see if you are getting finding out anything suspicious as such??

I had a new profile created which is a major pain since now I have to resetup all my settings. It is a company antivirus which looks like McAfee.

I had a new profile created which is a major pain since now I have to resetup all my settings. It is a company antivirus which looks like McAfee.
    If you are having McAfee then you can run a thorough scan using the same or else you can get the trial version of avg or some other recommended antivirus for the scanning purpose as well.