Thread: My OSX Lion freezes every time I try rebooting.

My OSX Lion freezes every time I try rebooting.

I am facing a strange and a peculiar problem which looks a bit dangerous and have left me in a state of small panic! This is very weird on the part of apple. What actually happened is that I happened to upgrade my MacBook Pro’s OS to 10.7.1 and the system simply refuses to boot. Whenever I try booting the computer it just doesn’t obey me and freezes at the very same moment. It also restarts and hangs for several minutes together. It then either happen to reboot on its own or I have to reboot it manually, giving no better result it again stays in the state of freeze and again doesn’t boot at all. It just initializes another cycle of rebooting, freezing and rebooting, shooting my blood pressure very high each time. Have anyone ever experienced this ever before? Of yes, have you come up with a solution? Solution suggestion with less experienced users also welcome.

Re: My OSX Lion freezes every time I try rebooting.

A dead PC? Are you serious? Even the thought of this scares the hell out of me. I mean, image a business day without the use of a system.i have don’t a few research on your issue, thanks to the intensity I experienced in your issue, unlike spoilt headphones and all. I am not sure if this is a solution to your problem by any chance but I strongly feel you should be considering this an option too. So going ahead with the troubleshooting method I am offering you.
    What you are facing might not necessarily be a result of some update. The result can possibly be out of some other reason and according to me, the potential reason behind such an issue that the computer is trying to start up or boot from the part of hard drive or external drive by using not the correct version or the build of the operating system. If this is the case then the possible solution for this would be as follows:
    - You need to reinstall the correct operating system which is perfectly built by Mac OS X DVDs that comes with the computer package itself. There are some tips or some additional information before you decide on tallying the details of build which are as follows
    o There exists a number of computers which come into market and bears different OS X versions and all at the same time or some times at different times.
    o In case, the computer doesn’t bear a proper and the latest version of OS, an hyphen appears against it.
    o You can find the ‘build information’ in the ‘About This Mac Window’ when you try clicking the column that reads ‘version’
    o There might be some Mac PCs which include a bit later build version that was already installed with your machine
    o You can expect issues with your Mac OS X when you are using retail copies of Mac OS X
    o It is always recommended to use the install disc that was originally shipped with your system
    o Never ever opt a Mac OS X that was released earlier or belongs to a lower version than that already installed, in case you happen to try this stunt the issue that you will probably be facing is as listed down:
     The trackpad on the laptop or the mouse attached to your system may or maynot work together
     The computer might totally stop responding only.
     There might be an occurrence of severe sleep and wake issues
     You may observe visible shrinks with black bars on the display image of your system
     There is also considerable loss of the built in audio functionalities
     You may face high issues in functionalities of Bluetooth and airport functionality
     Your system might simply stop moving ahead of the grey Apple Logo

How beautiful, a piece of explanation was that? I mean after having suggested the issue, its cause and solution which every other poster does, you took time to explain and list down the pros and cons to this. I really appreciate such genuine efforts and I feel proud of being a vo-poster of people like you full of devotion, dedication and determination. Let me list down a set of changes for the same. You got to start by getting the LS database reset which comes as a result of running the below given one-liner command in the terminal.app. please copy paste to avoid mistakes
    */System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchS ervices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user*

After this, shut your PC again and try rebooting it and check if this is the fix to the crashes and freezes that you have been noticing

Hey guys, unfortunately none of them actually helped or actually I did not try any. Instead, I found a solution to this by myself. I did the following:
    • I first booted my system to Restoration of disk. To this I pressed the shortcut > Command + R on boot itself.
    • I also ran repair disk after this, apart from Repair Permissions with the help of Disk Utility
    • After this, I could go to Apple to select the Boot Disk from where I want to boot and them selected the server hard disk drive
    • I then rebooted the system to check if things are fine after this.
    • I could boot perfectly and as expected after this things became all normal
    • But after a while I realized to notice that the firmware was yet to be applied.
    • Before I could do anything, I decided to make a clone of the server on an external hard disk using Disk Utility tool.
    • I then tried to select the server operating system hard disk.
    • After all these things, I managed to do the firmware update without any problem associated to it
    • The Mac mini’s fan was working perfect and was going full blast all the time. It had nothing to do with the issue anyways
    • But in case, it happens with you alsp, you can easily remove all the chords, put it on rest for 30 seconds and then plug all these things back