Thread: Windows 8 Consumer Preview- Not able to sign into xbox live games and some app in some regions.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview- Not able to sign into xbox live games and some app in some regions.

It has been few days since I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview in my system and I have not yet learnt all the features of it and the problem that I am having here is that I am not able sign into xbox live games and some app in my region that is Australia and it is giving me an error saying something about the region and all, so here I just wanted to know that does it work here in Australia and if not then is there a way to get it working somehow?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview- Not able to sign into xbox live games and some app in some regions.

I will like to inform you that Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not supported in all the regions as for now they are not having enough resource to check out the stability of the services in all regions but then they are keeping on adding more region so there are chances that even you might get it working soon, the Xbox LIVE on Windows 8 is available in four countries by now and they are France, Germany, Japan and the USA, as I have said that they are bust testing out their products in more locales and will be coming up with the same soon as well, till then you will have to wait and you won’t be able to sign into xbox live games and some app in your region, as far as a workaround is concerned you can try out go in to the control panel and then select the lock language and region and then change the region to France, Germany, Japan or USA and see if it is working or not.

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview- Not able to sign into xbox live games and some app in some regions.

I have checked about the same and I have found that the apps that are affected by the region in Windows 8 Consumer Preview are Xbox Companion, Xbox LIVE Games, Music, and Video, they are just available in the countries that has been already mentioned above but then if you want then you can try out the below three solution for the same and see if they are helping, some has mentioned that it has worked out for them where as some said that it does not, so I am not that sure if this will work or not but then you can definitely give it a try and find it out.
    1. First thing is to check out that your computer is set properly and the account has been made for the right countries
    2. If you want then you can try changing the country region and for that you can just check out for "change the country or region setting here.
    3. If your account is not matching the country to which you have set your system then you will have to create a new account.

Just check these things out and then let me know if they are working out for you.

I am facing the same issue, currently I am in Canada and I am just not able to sign into Xbox Live on Windows 8 even after setting the OS region to United States, I was using Windows 7 and there I gad set the OS region to United States as well and it was working but then Over the Air TV in Media Centre was not working when I was setting the Region to Canada. I have found a no of people having the same issue but then I don’t know why Microsoft has not fixed this out, when I try to sign in windows 8 then I get an message saying “You were signing in with an account that is different from windows region, to sign in with this account, please change your windows region and restart the xbox live” status code 0xc101000c, I have tried changing the region to France, Germany, Japan as well as USA but then it is not working out for me, is there anything I can do about this rather than just waiting for the Microsoft for making it support other regions later??