Thread: Not able to print with Canon Pixma MP560 in Linux Ubuntu

Not able to print with Canon Pixma MP560 in Linux Ubuntu

I have got this new printer named as canon pixma mp560 but the problem is that I am not able to print with it in my Ubuntu operating system, can anyone tell me what could be the reason behind the same? the printer does gets detected in the system while connecting it with USB but on checking the database. I can only find only two printers out there and they are mp500 and mp520, what to do? any ideas that you all can share with me. Is it the OS problem or with the printer? Please do let me know about it as soon as possible. I am waiting for your replies.

Re: Not able to print with Canon Pixma MP560 in Linux Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
    I have got this new printer named as canon pixma mp560 but the problem is that I am not able to print with it in my Ubuntu operating system, can anyone tell me what could be the reason behind the same? the printer does gets detected in the system while connecting it with USB but on checking the database. I can only find only two printers out there and they are mp500 and mp520, what to do? any ideas that you all can share with me. Is it the OS problem or with the printer? Please do let me know about it as soon as possible. I am waiting for your replies.
    Well I don’t know if this solution is related to your problem or not. in fact when I got my Canon Pixma MP830 even that did not work well my ubuntu. So that’s the reason why I had to get the TurboPrint drivers to get then working, with the help of that I can print easily. So if you want then you can check out for this particular drivers for your printer as well and see if that drivers can make any difference or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Iquau View Post
    Well I don’t know if this solution is related to your problem or not. in fact when I got my Canon Pixma MP830 even that did not work well my ubuntu. So that’s the reason why I had to get the TurboPrint drivers to get then working, with the help of that I can print easily. So if you want then you can check out for this particular drivers for your printer as well and see if that drivers can make any difference or not.
    No dude turboprint does not support mp560 I have checked their official site and they don’t support MP560 that’s what I heard.

Hey get the driver of mp560 from this page download the driver for the Linux debian os. Install them and then with Printer configuration tool add a new printer. Then check if you can print pages or not and if you are not knowing then mp560 is a wireless printer you can print pages wirelessly. I was able to do that I wish even you could do that, anyways give a try. All the best.

On sending a mail to the canon about the specific problem the canon people replied to me in the mail saying that they did not support Linux architecture. They just refused to give me any solution for the same. on doing some research in the internet about the same I got to know that HP people are encouraging more linux users to use HP and canon being a competitor of HP might have thought of this strategy to move away from linux and switch to windows OS.