Thread: After installing windows 7 64 bit the AML Device Install window pops up every time at the startup

After installing windows 7 64 bit the AML Device Install window pops up every time at the startup

Well I have done a fresh new installation of windows 7 64 bit OS on my newly bought machine. But seems the installation was proper, there’s been something wrong during the processes of installation because just after the completion of the installation when I started the system I found a “AML Device install” window being popped up.

Initially I thought that I might be some information window which will get disappear by its own but then later on I noticed that the window won’t go off instead it appears again and again each time I start the system. I am really fed up with this window. The only information currently I can give you is that I am having a 12.3 WHQL driver installed in my machine and also the message that is being appear inside that console window is “installation 40% complete in (0:30)”.

Re: After installing windows 7 64 bit the AML Device Install window pops up every time at the startup

Simple and best solution is to delete the following AMD folder, you can probably find that folder from the following path:
    • C:\ProgramData\AMD\KDB
    • Once you are done with the deletion you can reboot the system
    • Now wait till AML is done with its work
    • Reboot again
      Now for sure no more pop ups for long time

Re: After installing windows 7 64 bit the AML Device Install window pops up every time at the startup

Sorry for asking such question, but I really wanted to know what exactly this “AML Device Install” is and why is it popping up again and again everytime I start the PC, what’s it purpose. I generally have it in my Startup list which comes along with the Catalyst Control Center.

However I am able to uncheck this Catalyst Control Center with the help of MSCONFIG but therefore due to this I am unable to get the MOM.exe and CCC.exe running. But if I untick the “AML Device Install” instead of the Catalyst Control Center which has this “AML Device Install”, nothing happens. It still works fine and smoothly.

By the way can you clear one thing, do I need to delete the complete AMD Folder or just the file Named “aml_Juniper.kdb”?

I do have the same problem. whenever I start my windows 7 system all I can see is the AML device install icon in the taskbar which stays there on the screen for atleast 30 seconds, I guess it installs something which says “KDB<aml> installation 70% complete in (0:20)”. As soon as it completes the installation it automatically goes off. I tried out many thing but none of them worked out.

Currently I have been suggested by reinstalling the windows 7 OS, the person who suggested is himself not sure whether this will work out or not so therefore I dropped the idea. I don’t want to waste my time and energy in doing something which I am not sure with.

Sorry for asking such question, but I really wanted to know what exactly this “AML Device Install” is and why is it popping up again and again everytime I start the PC, what’s it purpose.
    Hey after i explained the issue to one of my fellow colleague he explained me that this “AML Device Install” is for the new video encoding and decoding feature in the driver, but even he is not sure whether is it necessary for that thing to be run at the time of start up or not. Maybe it is like a start up for Catalyst Control Center. Once if you disable it, the Control Panel of your machine will surely take more than 5 time long time to just show up when you select it from the desktop using the right click. Its simply like a fast Start option. Need to learn something more about the AMD Media Library, heard that it is very much similar to the AML.

Hey by looking at the internal AML Device install it seems like if you once let it run completely definitely it is going to simply pop up for just a fraction of seconds on a sequential startups. The there is no such big issue in that, you just have to let it run completely at least once, I am sure it would not pop up the next time. But if you try to exit the window inbetween its task then surely you are going to face problem in further operations.
    Need to learn something more about the AMD Media Library, heard that it is very much similar to the AML.
    Yeah you are right, the AML startup tool actually creates the “opencl library of kernels, called a kernel database or KDB file”, once the opencl part of the driver is changed it will take only bit of time once it updates.

Better you use ccleaner or type msconfig in order to disable the AML. You need to be careful while disabling the AML as it can probably break the opencl, so therefore you need to be very much careful.

This will sure shot solve the issue. already happened with me and I did the same above suggested trick and things did worked well from then. But other than that the only issue I get is the yellow sign that is appeared after I finish with the installation without any error, only the AMD is unable to detect my C++.

Need to learn something more about the AMD Media Library, heard that it is very much similar to the AML.
    Yeah you are right AMD Media Library is nothing but AML itself.

Sorry for asking such question, but I really wanted to know what exactly this “AML Device Install” is and why is it popping up again and again everytime I start the PC, what’s it purpose. I generally have it in my Startup list which comes along with the Catalyst Control Center.
    I would certainly help you out with letting know about AML:
    • First of all understand that AML is nothing but just a collection of OpenCL media component necessary for the GPU shader assisted video compression. It is required for post processing and image-related processing.
    • It has the complete control over the CPU-GPU pipelining.
    • It also build our own Standards with based codec or a proprietary codec
    • Also optimized OpenCL kernels can be installed on end-users system as part of the GPU drivers.

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers again. . Try disabling it through MSCONFIG.exe under the startup tabs.You can also access all the services running on the system though services.Goto control panel , administrative tools , services. Select the service you want to disable and double click on it. under the drop down menu select disable and apply it.

AML helps for faster decompression of high resolution movies ,specifically MPEG-2 and H.264. AML device install is a group of OpenCL components used for GPU shader assisted video compression and is a one time requirement. You should let it install the first time. It will not popup the next time you restart your computer.