Thread: Taskbar at top interfering with programs in Windows 7

Taskbar at top interfering with programs in Windows 7

I have habit of keeping my task bar on top of the screen, in Windows 7 . Not that I am trying to imitate Mac OS, but somehow, I love using it that way. It’s more comfortable for me to use it this way. But lately I realized, this gives me some problem. When I open my application, the taskbar tends to overlap with my the Menus. I find it difficult to access it. Any way out from this?

Re: Taskbar at top interfering with programs in Windows 7

Friend, trust me, we share the same interest. Erm… in terms of taskbar position. Anyways, even I liked it that way and even I was going through the same issue.

The simplest of solutions would be activating ‘Autohide’ on the task bar. However it seldom solves the issue. You can also use ‘alt key’ to access the menu

None of them actually works for me. Because, I am not very keen on using ‘Autohide’. It’s irritating. The ‘Alt key’ solution works for a few applications but not all of them. I need not tell you, all Programs are not integrated with the ‘Alt means Menu’ formula. Any other solution you can come up with?

Quote Originally Posted by aila View Post
    None of them actually works for me. Because, I am not very keen on using ‘Autohide’. It’s irritating. The ‘Alt key’ solution works for a few applications but not all of them. I need not tell you, all Programs are not integrated with the ‘Alt means Menu’ formula. Any other solution you can come up with?
    Try moving the window to a position where the task bar won’t reach. Simply click on the title bar and move it down (When it is not maximized). This’ll solve your issue. Just that the window would be slightly smaller than it usually appears. You shouldn’t mind that. I hope you don’t!

Quote Originally Posted by Boagrius View Post
    Try moving the window to a position where the task bar won’t reach. Simply click on the title bar and move it down (When it is not maximized). This’ll solve your issue. Just that the window would be slightly smaller than it usually appears. You shouldn’t mind that. I hope you don’t!
    That was a partially good solution. You do make sense and I don’t mind using a smaller window. But, friend, when I can’t access my menu bar, how do you expect me to access my taskbar? Isn’t that too much to ask for from a non computer expert like me? Can we move a Window without using mouse? Did I just sound Stupid?

Yes that is. And so, I’m coming up with an alternate solution for you, you see. To move a Window without using the mouse please select the program in the task bar and hit ‘Alt + space’ then M. Now use the arrow keys to move the Window to an appropriate position. This is the best that can be done. I can’t think of any other solution.