Thread: What is the shortcut key for Back in Windows XP

What is the shortcut key for Back in Windows XP

I am having windows XP (operating system) in my Pc. I just want to know is there any short cut key that I can use in the windows explorer in my windows XP for “back”. Like I have three folder one inside the other and currently I am at third folder which is the inner one now if I had to go back to the second folder then what is the shortcut key for these. I am talking about the left green arrow that appears at the left top side?

Re: What is the shortcut key for Back in Windows XP

I am using the windows 7 currently. First I have to use this operating system. If you are at the inner folder then you can simply press the BACKSPACE in your keyboard. After you have pressed the back space then you will go back to the folder or you can press the LEFT ARROW. It is the simple shortcut and you can use in windows XP

The shortcut key helps to do the work fast and save plenty of the time which is quit useful. I want to know that is there any other shortcut key for windows explorer in windows XP. Like for example Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level?

There are several shortcut that I know like end, home, left arrow, right arrow, NUM LOCK+Asterisk sign (*),NUM LOCK+Plus sign (+),NUM LOCK+Minus sign (-) .
    1. END: helps to display the window of active button.
    2. HOME: helps to display the top of active window.
    3. LEFT ARROW: helps to collapse the current selection if it is expanded, or select the parent folder.
    4. RIGHT ARROW: It will display the current selection if it is collapsed, or select the first subfolder.
    5. NUM LOCK+Minus sign (-): It will collapse the selected folder.
    6. NUM LOCK+Plus sign (+): It will display the contents of the selected folder.
    7. NUM LOCK+Asterisk sign (*): It will help to display all of the subfolders that are under the selected folder.