Thread: How to fix lost Internet Explorer metro app on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

How to fix lost Internet Explorer metro app on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

As I was interested in making use of the windows 8 consumer preview I was very contended to make use of the new latest version and so was delighted with the fact that I will be able to make use of new things and experience most great things. But I am concerned with some few more things as I lost my IE metro on W8CP. How I am able to fix this?

re: How to fix lost Internet Explorer metro app on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

If you are concerned to this issue , I will give you with some steps which you will benefit with it. In the Control Panel move to the Default Programs, you need to set Your Default Programs and then in the Internet Explorer you need to set this program as default. You will be with the possible solution.

I have came across this If I go the Start screen and then have a right-click so I am able to make an selection to show All Apps, and I am able to see Internet Explorer in the all-apps view, but if I click on it I will tend to end up in the desktop version. Can you give me some suggestions regarding where are Metro apps stored? If I knew what to look for, I might be able to tell if it is still there. as well as if so, would I be able to make an creation of a shortcut for it that would appear in the all-apps view?

I would give a simple and short answer in your case. If you set another browser as the default browser, the metro IE will tend to disappear. And if you are willing to restore the metro IE tile, you need to set it as the default browser.

If you are concerned with the metro app , I need to provide some information which will in turn assist you. If you perform a clean install of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, you will have two versions of IE 10 on your system: one is the IE 10 desktop as well as other is IE 10 Metro. The Metro version of IE 10 is the default in such a configuration, so at whichever time an web browser is needed by the OS, an additional Metro-style app, or else a desktop application, Internet Explorer 10 Metro is called upon. That in this default configuration, you will able to locate an IE 10 Metro tile on the Windows 8 Start screen, but not an IE 10 desktop tile. There is no means so that you are able to add an IE 10 tile to the desktop while IE 10 Metro is the default.

I have found some topic from the internet and as if you are concerned with no Metro IE on an upgrade from Windows 7 you can consider the following explanation.
    If you try to have an upgrade of a Windows 7-based PC to Windows 8, you might observe that the IE tile on the Start screen is for the desktop edition of Internet Explorer 10 and not for the Metro version as predictable. This is for the similar cause as stated above: You configured a dissimilar browser as the default browser previous to upgrading. So Windows 8 will tend to hide IE 10 Metro. once more, to return IE Metro, make IE the default browser by making use of the Default Programs.

Guys as there has been said that you need to set IE as default browser. I need to mention some steps which will help you to set it as default browser.
    you can do so by running IE 10 (desktop) along with selecting Settings (gear icon), Internet options, and followed by Programs. You will be with some options present on the top of the dialog, you need to modify "Choose how you open links" to "Always in Internet Explorer in the desktop".

Re: How to fix lost Internet Explorer metro app on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

If you wish for the IE tile on the Start screen (and any pinned web sites) to open desktop IE in its place, as well make sure the box titled "Open Internet Explorer tiles on the desktop." You will eb with solved issue. and this one is definitely going to work.