Thread: Can I use Windows 8 Consumer Preview till January 2013 when license is getting expired?

Can I use Windows 8 Consumer Preview till January 2013 when license is getting expired?

the EULA of Windows 8 Consumer Preview is not permitting usage of it after Jan 2013. What would happen with the Operating system when the license will get expire? If you know anything about the same then let me know as early as possible.

Re: Can I use Windows 8 Consumer Preview till January 2013 when license is getting expired?

The license of Consumer Preview is getting expired on January 15th 2013. The EULA is saying that you will not be able to make use of the software once the license would get expire. After the expiration date you will not be able access on any of the unsaved data which has been used with the software. If you have got any application through the Windows Store then it won’t be available in the future version of the operating system. Until and unless they are not available for re-download or you managed to get them.

Re: Can I use Windows 8 Consumer Preview till January 2013 when license is getting expired?

Ok I got the thing which you have stated over here. I wanted to know about the practical effect of once license got expired. Whether operating system won’t be accessible or all any of the unsaved data wont be accessible.

I am wondering that Windows 8 will get restart after every 2 hours. personally I don’t recommend to wait till Consumer Preview getting expired. If I am not wrong final version of the Operating system would be available by October 2012.