Thread: How to search Windows 8 Store in Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

How to search Windows 8 Store in Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

I have recently installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I it has been just three days and I am still learning the features of it, anyways I have visited the Windows Store but then I have found that it is quite difficult to navigate, so I just wanted to know if there is some other and better navigate way by which I can navigate the store, is there anyone who has an idea about the same by now??

Re: How to search Windows 8 Store in Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

I have recently installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I it has been just three days and I am still learning the features of it, anyways I have visited the Windows Store but then I have found that it is quite difficult to navigate, so I just wanted to know if there is some other and better navigate way by which I can navigate the store, is there anyone who has an idea about the same by now??
    In order to navigate Windows 8 Store in Windows 8 Consumer Preview just click on the Store tile and then on the Start screen press the Windows logo key+ Q, if you want then you can also use the Search charm for searching the apps, just try out the same and let me know if you have any further issues with it.

I have been looking to find out a solution for the similar issue, in my case I am not getting the Tile or Box with the word "STORE", I have tried finding it out but then I have not yet got success, I have checked out in the download of the Beta windows 8 and it is not there as well, I don’t think that I am the only one having this issue, I have checked about the same and have found that there are a no of people facing it, I really want to get it somehow because I am not able to get any APPS to use or look at, is there anyone who can help me out as well???

I am aware of the below two solutions that has been mentioned for getting the Store app:
    • Open the command prompt and make sure that you are running it as admin and the type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit enter. Once the process get’s completed then just enter and again hit enter and then you will get the Store app.
    • The other solutions say’s just push the mouse to the right and then get the charms as normal and after that click on search and then just enter the term you are looking for.

Even I need some help regarding the same, actually I have downloaded some apps but then I don’t know where its files have gone, I mean that I am not able to find out any files associated to the apps that I had downloaded, I am able to see the apps but then not the files that came with the original download, is there any separate section where they get stored??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.