Thread: Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Mail Metro App not working after update

Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Mail Metro App not working after update

Hello I have installed the Windows 8 Consume Preview and recently I have got new update for Mail Metro App. I had applied the update. This also made changes to Calendar, People and Messaging App. After the update when I tried to open Mail App I am not able to see anything in that. It is completely empty. I am not able to understand what is the reason behind this. All my old accounts are gone and when I am also not able to add my existing account. What can be the issue.

re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Mail Metro App not working after update

It look there some update issue which is causing the problem. You have to simply run system restore so that you can get your old update. Only after that the issue will be resolved. If you go ahead with fixing the existing one then the issue will remain constant. System restore is the best thing you can do. Just run that. And then try to launch the Mail app back. You can go in event viewer to find out information on any existing error listed.

re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Mail Metro App not working after update

I had got the same issue due to internet connectivity. The problem appear straight after running mail update. I was not aware that there is a bit issue with the router. I had tried various things but still the issue remain constant. At last I checked my internet connection. I found that it was not constant. It was breaking in between constantly. So I contacted my isp and the issue is resolved. Now it is working well. In your case also you have to checkout the internet connectivity.