Thread: How to move windows 7 setup to an SSD

How to move windows 7 setup to an SSD

I am looking to purchase a new SSD and want to move the Windows 7 setup on it. All the files, games, data, etc; are installed on the Windows partition only. I am just looking to boot Windows from my SSD even if it becomes the primary drive or not. I also wanted to know if it is possible that the downloads and programs can be still installed on my other drives. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: How to move windows 7 setup to an SSD

I would suggest you to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on your SSD which will be an easier case rather than moving all the data, games, etc on your SSD. You will have to make the SSD as the primary drive as well and after that configure your program files directory and user directory and then reinstall all the applications. Also backup all the data from the previous hard drive and then clean it.

Re: How to move windows 7 setup to an SSD

First of all you need to download Clonezilla software and burn it to a CD as cd image. After that install the new SSD in your computer and boot the pc to clonezilla. Now simply follow the instructions given on your screen to clone the old hard drive with the operating system to SSD. After cloning the hard drive simply boot from the SSD. All the files on the hard drive wont be affected and all those files will make an exact copy of them to the SSD.

There is another cloning software called Acronis True Image which does the same thing. This software allows you to quickly backup and restore data contained on your machine. It allows you to completely back up your hard disk as a disk image. It also allows you to synchronize data from any location, whether from a computer, a USB device, NAS, or even from the cloud with True Image Home Online.