Thread: How to fix Blue screen of death on Windows XP SP3

Arrow How to fix Blue screen of death on Windows XP SP3

Hi guys.I'm new in the forum and I'm glad I'm part of the community. I would be very happy if You help me solve my problem

I have annoying Blue Screen of Death problem. Recently i was using linux but unfortunately i erased all my data on HDD with Gparted. Three partitions were gone and 500 GB HDD was unlocated space. Anyway I recovered them and formatted C drive which is 40 gigabytes. I installed windows XP SP3, drivers etc.

Yesterday I tried to install GTA 4. I mounted the first DVD with daemon tools. No problem. Then the second DVD. Again everything was O.K.. But then when it required the first DVD - error and BSOD appeared with error: fltMgr.sys

So, I cleaned the registry, ran CHKDSK on my 3 partitions and used mainly Advanced system care 5, TuneUp Utilities 2011 and AVG PC Tuneup 2011 to repair my computer.

I thought it will be ok from now on but again it failed on the end of GTA 4 installation. I thought it the problem was in daemon tools [latest lite version] and installed alcohol 52%. Again it failed on the end of installation.

I began "investigation" and found some clues to solve this problem.
    1. I noticed when i right click on C: or D: ->> Security that special permissions checkbox was not active.

...and sharing was enable. I don't know if this is ok ?

2. I remembered in the past that after installation of GTA 4 other programs are being installed. One of them was microsoft c++ redistributable or something like that. When I checked event viewer, in the last moments before system crash MSI installer was triggered.

<<---EVENT VIEWER last events before crash

So guys please help me solve the problem. There is error when installing GTA 4 [installation completes with NO problems but when the game tries to install "microsoft visual c++ redistributable" and "Games for windows live" computer crashes] and this causes BSOD. It is very annoying. I have never had such a problem.(see the event viewer images above)
    I have all windows patches/updates and I have updated all my drivers but the BSOD continues to appear after gta installation

Again when I tried to install it returned error. This time in the Event Viewer there were new entries ->

--->

Any suggestions?

Sorry if my English is bad and for the very long post.
    I'll be very happy if somebody help me. Thank You.

Re: How to fix Blue screen of death on Windows XP SP3

In my views I will not recommend you to use daemon tool. There is a another version of daemon tool which comes for Windows XP. You can try finding that and using it on yours system. Also you can try MagicISO or any other tool that can help you to unmount the data. Try to run Windows update if possible. Latest updates help your system to stay more stable.