Thread: Backup not completed fully using Rescue and Recovery 4.5

Backup not completed fully using Rescue and Recovery 4.5

What I did is removed the old backup and installed Rescue and Recovery 4.5 in my system to get a basic backup stuff. I had performed a incremental backup which worked. But when I try to do the same with additional option the backup fails. I am using a Lenovo laptop.

Re: Backup not completed fully using Rescue and Recovery 4.5

You must know that Rescue and Recovery tools needs a clean installation and deletion of files in your system. That means if you are going to use more backup options you have to first ensure that the old backup files are removed properly. There should be any of them left which can block the process. You can do that manually also from the place where backup is stored. You can remove it and schedule a new backup. The process you are using deals with system recovery. So if you are lucky enough to create a Product Recovery disk then you might not need to use the tool. Look for Create Rescue and Recovery Media and provide empty disc. Burn them and use it for your backup stuff.

You must ensure that you have enough free space to run the backup. There are some part of partition is which reserved for the backup utility than Windows files. You have to check that you are not deleted those files.

Remove and re-install that tool back again if still the backup is giving issues. That is the only way to deal with the problem. You can try removing the same completely with all backup files it has created. Then re-install that and run a new backup process. This time the process should be completed fully without giving you any errors. The backup usually fails when the service is not able to find the location or when it is not able to find enough empty space in the location where backup is stored. So this are two important things you have to check before configuring backup process.

Right click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Check in each drive the amount of space left. Change the backup location or just clear up some space from the partition where backup is stored. Run it again and it will work.

You can try any other better tool for that process. By default you can try F11 to run the recovery. This is a kind of full restoration. When you are restoring your system choose Full Recovery. This is on the main screen. Let the recovery process to the end. Restart the computer and allows you to set Windows to complete the re-installation of software and drivers. Reinstall the program and run Windows Update to ensure you have the latest security and protection for your computer. Copy all data copied to your hard drive. Full recovery lets you to have complete restoration of your system.

Try Norton Ghost. The best part of this tool is that you can create a bootable dvd from this tool and run the restoration stuff. There is no need to have any special key setup. I had created a set of dvds for this. I carry the same with me and restore the system from disc along with the default partition.

Try to re-install that thing. I think the issue can be related to some backup issue. Anyhow the tool is not able to overwrite your existing files which is causing the backup to fail.