Thread: How to install Windows 8 consumer preview?

How to install Windows 8 consumer preview?

The windows 8 consumer preview or beta version which is releasing tomorrow and I want to have a glance of it as soon s possible. So I just want to know when will be the download link made available for the windows 8 consumer preview and also what necessary things do we have to keep in mind before the installation? In case if there are any minimum system requirements then tell me about the same I will have a look at it. That’s all I have to say here.

Re: How to install Windows 8 consumer preview?

If you want to know about the system requirements then here are some of the requirements that I would like to give you
    1) 1GHz processor
    2) Minimum 1 GB ram for 32-bit and 2GB RAM for 64-bit operating system.
    3) 16 GB free hard disk space for 32-bit and 20GB free hard disk space for 64 bit OS.
    4) Direct X 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
    So these are some of the requirements that are necessary before installing windows 8 developer preview.

Learn more about this new OS: Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta)

It is advisable for you to not install the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on your primary system along with your current operating system. If you have a SATA drive then it is well and good for you. You will get a better performance from it. if you have a Oracle VM Virtual box on your Windows system. Then it is better to install the Windows 8 Consumer Preview through Oracle VM Virtual box. Now windows 8 is a new OS which is built keeping in the mind of touchscreen generation. So if you want to experience the touch interface, then get a touch-based LCD monitor and work with windows 8. You will get to know the true windows 8.

Ok thanks for telling me about that, you have mentioned about the Oracle Virtual machine which is really good to have it during the windows 8 consumer preview installation. Well I want to know which other virtual machine software can I use to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview?

Quote Originally Posted by $o$^ View Post
    Ok thanks for telling me about that, you have mentioned about the Oracle Virtual machine which is really good to have it during the windows 8 consumer preview installation. Well I want to know which other virtual machine software can I use to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview?
    Though I would say Oracle VM Ware Workstation is highly advisable but if you are looking for some other options then there are
    1) VMware Workstation 8
    2) VMware Player 4
    3) VirtualBox 4
    4) VMware Fusion 4
    5) Parallels Desktop for Mac

star Re: How to install Windows 8 consumer preview?

The installation process is quite simple you have to first download the iso file and in case if you don’t know where to download them you can refer this link which is Where to download Windows 8 consumer preview? And you will get the necessary information. Then burn that iso file to a DVD. Now switch off the system take an extra hard disk put it in your cabinet and attach it with the motherboard. Now on your system, now before you insert the CD make sure you do the necessary changes in the BIOS. Change the Boot preference in BIOS to Optical drive. Once done with that open up the windows 8 installer and install the operating system in the new drive. That’s how it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by CGale View Post
    The installation process is quite simple you have to first download the iso file and in case if you don’t know where to download them you can refer this post which is Where to download Windows 8 consumer preview? And you will get the necessary information. Then burn that iso file to a DVD. Now switch off the system take an extra hard disk put it in your cabinet and attach it with the motherboard. Now on your system, now before you insert the CD make sure you do the necessary changes in the BIOS. Change the Boot preference in BIOS to Optical drive. Once done with that open up the windows 8 installer and install the operating system in the new drive. That’s how it is done.
    Well I am having one hard disk and I am having windows 7 in my system, I just want to check how windows 8 is? So what should I do. I don’t plan to keep Windows 8 in the permanent stages, so I want to know if I can still install windows 8 or not?

idea Re: How to install Windows 8 consumer preview?

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    Well I am having one hard disk and I am having windows 7 in my system, I just want to check how windows 8 is? So what should I do. I don’t plan to keep Windows 8 in the permanent stages that’s why I want to know if I can still install windows 8 or not?
    Yes you can definitely do that for that you will have to require to partition your drive. So in order to partition the drive you will have to follow the steps that I have given you here

1) Go to control panel, select Administrative Tools screen.
    2) Click on Computer Management option a new windows will open and now click on Disk management under Storage menu.
    3) You will be able to see the hard drives. Click on the C:\ volume and Select "Shrink Volume". Remember to keep a minimum 16 GB free for the 32 bit and 20 GB free for the 64 bit.
    4) Once you have assigned the volume, Right click on C:\ volume graphical display option and select New Simple Volume option and then Click next.
    5) Now a new volume will be created select whatever name you want to assign and then select finish.

That’s how it is done now once you have done that follow the above steps given by me and you will get the windows 8 installed in your system.