Thread: For virtualization will debian prove to be the most stable desktop version in linux.

For virtualization will debian prove to be the most stable desktop version in linux.

hello guys, I am interested in almost certainly the usage of Virtualbox. So I want to inquire whether the debian will prove to be the most stable version of Linux Desktop for a computer enthusiastic for virtualization.can you guys give me suggestion regarding the other alternatives or you recommend Debian.

Re: For virtualization will debian prove to be the most stable desktop version in linux.

According to me, I suppose that the Debian is extremely stable but the depository can hold previous editions of software. VirtualBox for Debian Squeeze is at version 3.2.10 while the most recent version of VirtualBox according to the sources is 4.1.6. If you make use of Debian Testing (Wheezy) then VirtualBox is at 4.1.4 which, is almost existing. I tend to make use of Debian Testing along with have never really had any concerns occur.

Re: For virtualization will debian prove to be the most stable desktop version in linux.

Most of the people also recommend the Slackware as it is usually considered very steady also, but package management can tend for some people to be difficult.

There are two terms in which we can describe the stable.
    1. Solid which means doesn't fall over and to tell in regards with this respect, Debian Stable is very superior in this regard, Debian Testing amazingly so for a bit called "testing", you might get an update that breaks things but they are regularly fixed promptly.

Hey I also know a term related to the stable. And as I found that it means ‘Doesn't change’ and Debian Stable is very good when it comes to the term ‘Doesn't change’, Debian Testing, not so much. The disadvantage to Stable is that the software can be fairly old though there is a "backports" depository with several most recent software in it.

rajni Guest

Hey I am making use of linux right from the ubantu and I know all theversions of linux. So I can definitely say that Debian Stable is fine tested so it is one of the mainly steady server along with desktop distros out there. I as well believe that Red Hat Enterprise Linux is too stable .

As found from most of the sources all are quite comfortable with the performance of Debian and it has been well said that it is quite arguably the most stable allocation .