Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 not getting installed, giving ‘insufficient Permissions’ error

Ubuntu 11.10 not getting installed, giving ‘insufficient Permissions’ error

I have the admin rights of my pc and while installing this new os it gives me an error sjaying that I have insufficient Permissions. You know the installation process keeps going on till 45 mins and in the end it gets terminated. I being the administrator should have all the rights of installing the programs then why it is giving me an error? By the way just want to inform you all that I am installing this with the help of wubi.exe file which allow me to run the new os inside of windows 7 and I can uninstall whenever and wherever I want.

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 not getting installed, giving ‘insufficient Permissions’ error

See as far as I know Wubi does not run outside windows it gets installed in the partition that you have made and you can see them in the add/remove programs of the control panel. Although you won’t get the same speed, stability or flexibility which you get from the dedicated linux partitions. There will definitely be a hamper in the performance. So being a admin that does not mean that the programs will get installed on its own. You will have to right click on that program and then install, better refer some inst5allation guide of ubuntu and you will get lots of help there.

I did understand what you have said here and I tried the same procedure as suggested you by running the program as a administrator. Still I am getting the same error as before now what?

smile Re: Ubuntu 11.10 not getting installed, giving ‘insufficient Permissions’ error

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    I did understand what you have said here and I tried the same procedure as suggested you by running the program as a administrator. Still I am getting the same error as before now what?
    Ok can you do one thing can you send me the log file of the error that you get which you will find in the following location <c:\users\[pc name]\appdata\local\temp\wubi-11.10-rev245.log>. ok one more thing just send that log file as a PM to me that would be better.

Ok thanks for the solution I have sent you the PM please do check that out and revert back to me as soon as possible.

From what I have seen in the log all I can say is that you are running out of the disk space and hence probably installing in the different disk partition would be of help. Since the one that you have placed right now does not have a sufficient memory. So if you want to just have a glance at how ubuntu works then you can boot it with the help of a Ubuntu CD. Do remember that you have to check the option as "Try without installing", that will be of help for you, that’s all I can say here.