Thread: How to get rid of FreeCause?

How to get rid of FreeCause?

So now I am facing here the problem in my system. Just wanted to delete Freecause from my system but unable to do so. I have searched it everywhere but unable to find it. it just keeps on popping up here and there but then when I try to uninstall it, I can’t find it anywhere. I am sacred whether it’s a virus or something as I have read at many places people calling it “Freecause Virus”. Any help please.

Re: How to get rid of FreeCause?

OK I can’t give you a fix solution for this issue but yes I can definitely help you out by letting you know some of the possible R&Ds which you can try out in your system.

First of all run a full scan check in order to check out for the virus present in your system as you already said that you the issue could be due to the virus or Freecasue. Also you can download, install and run a full scan using a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Also if possible run a Memory test and let me know the result.

Manually uninstalling the programs is the best option as according to me. I personally feel that this is what the exact place where you can find all the files for the program, which are also included in ProgramData and AppData. Just delete them and then after that also delete the Reg Key which is associated with the program.

After doing so clean the registry. You can perform this cleaning option using a CCleaner in case of any surplus entries, strictly advice not to perform it if you are accustomed to Regedit.

After reading out your thread, I can make out that surely the main cause of your issue is malware of something. Cant help you out completely but definitely I can let you know how to stop it from loading on to your computer. First you ned to get into your computer registry and then find the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Browser

Get into the helper objects and then delete it. After doing this I can surely say that any browser helper objects (BHO's or plugins) like the FreeCause bar will be disabled.

First of all run a full scan check in order to check out for the virus present in your system as you already said that you the issue could be due to the virus or Freecasue. Also you can download, install and run a full scan using a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    Everything is update in my system. I have Avast, I ran it and the result was clean. Than as suggested I ran MalwareBytes again the results were positive, I found no malwares.

Later on beyond your suggestions once I also tried to run a BlueScreen.view.exe but that didn’t make any difference or you can say that didn’t get any solution for this issue. Memory test was also fine and fair enough. Atlast when ran vino/VEW.exe, I found several error on it. Not sure what exactly those errors were, two of them is mentioned below.

Type: Error Category 101
    Event: 1002 Application Hang
    Get into the helper objects and then delete it. After doing this I can surely say that any browser helper objects (BHO's or plugins) like the FreeCause bar will be disabled.
    Just wanted to ask you whether I have to delete the entire item from the Browser Helper Objects folder as I have total 11 items in all and they are all alpha numeric.

I know how to analyse the logs and also I can check out the reports of the registry which are generated by any program, by doing this at least I can make out the cause present in your PC and if possible also the solution for your issue.

So in order to generate the log of the system your need to run the HijackThis utility. HijackThis is just a simple program which is able to generate a detailed report of the registry and file settings of your computer system. The best part of HijackThis is that in its scan result it does not creates any separation between the safe and unsafe settings, and this thing helps you to get the ability to selectively remove items from the system. Not only it does the registry check and creates the report but also it has several tools that can possibly use for removing the malwares manually from a computer.

Yes you need to delete all the 11 items that are present in your Browser Helper Objects. Just delete them all and it should stop those things which are tapping in your internet activity. Most probably this will cause your Internet Explorer from stop working and if you have a google toolbar, it will be disabled. I guess unknowingly you have picked up some other thing from FreeCause which is actually tracking your password so make sure to change your password using some other different secure computer.

Deleting the browser helper option is a good suggestion but alternatively I would like to give you some other suggestions to try out. Spybot Search and Destroy can be a better option and also it can go a worth. Just download them, then install, run and then scan with it. Also if possible try its built in BHO disabling tool.