Thread: Internet Option and Screensaver settings won't change in Windows XP

Internet Option and Screensaver settings won't change in Windows XP

I don’t understand why does these settings are unable to make changes. Whenever I try to set the internet option from medium low to medium high and when closes the program, it automatically goes back set itself to medium low.

This problem is not only with the internet option but also my screensaver settings show the same uncommon behavior, when I set the time of the screensaver appearance to 1 hour, it automatically changes to 1 minute which I guess is the default time. Can anyone tell me why such behaviors are taking place?

Re: Internet Option and Screensaver settings won't change in Windows XP

I would not say that I heard from other people about this exact same issue but yes the problems use to be somewhat similar in their case too.

In their case even they use to encounter these automatic changes in the computer settings. And the fix for this issue was suggested to them was to upgrade the internet explorer to the last version if they have update it, and also they were suggested to make sure that all the windows updates were installed properly. So just try out this simple solution and see whether it does makes any difference or not.

Hey the exact same issue in my case too. Even I can encounter the same settings problem in my PC and that too only with the internet option and Screensaver settings. I guess there is no need to explain the issue from my side as I said that the problems are exactly the same as above. But yeah I would also like to tell you all one interesting thing, I can sometimes fix up the issue, whenever I restart my pc the changes made in those settings automatically get saved.

I mean whenever I changes the internet option and screensaver settings, I am suppose to restart the pc in order to bring those changes in effect. But not always this solution works, sometimes only the screensaver settings changes successfully and the internet option remains the same.

Follow the below steps and see whether things work out or not

1. Go to Security Option
    2. Go to Security Tab
    3. Click Default Level
    4. Restart PC
    5. Make the required changes in Internet Option
    6. Restart the PC again

I am sure all the changes you made will be effective and successfully work.

Your system is infected with virus. Try to clean up your system completely from virus using the best antivirus. I would suggest you to download and install either Avira or Avast antivirus from net, you can download them from their official site. After installing run it in order to check for any rootkit virus, clean your system properly.

Also try to first uninstall the internet explorer and then again reinstall it. now make the possible changes you want and then restart the PC, hope the setting should be now able to make changes easily and not temporarily. Hope your windows have all the required drives and updates.

Yeah even I would agree with the above suggestion, but there is a small extra suggestion from my side, just wanted to ask you whether you have the administrator access on your system. If yes then you can download Malwarebytes. This best option to I personally feel in order to clean up your pc. If you are really prefer to get this system security software then please get into the link.

Malwarebytes